| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,142 Posts1,056,485 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2011 Posts: 48 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2011 Posts: 48 | Sweet '46! Keeping it stock? | | | | | Joined: May 2012 Posts: 51 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2012 Posts: 51 | Thanks, I'd like to swap out the Front and Rear Axles to 3/4 or 1 Ton Axles and end up with 8 Bolt Lugs. Still want to keep the Rear Dually Setup. The brakes need work all the way around and 1.5 ton parts are pretty hard to find. Has a rebuilt 235 so it runs great, just won't stop. Other than that, I can't wait to take it to town... | | | | | Joined: May 2011 Posts: 48 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2011 Posts: 48 | I've been eyeing this truck for a long time, but my present two seem to keep me busy enough... 1946(?) Chevy Big Bolt | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | ....well, the truck at least has lights  Thats a KOOL looking truck. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 2,988 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 2,988 | I love 46's! Did you pull off the headlights? | | | | | Joined: May 2012 Posts: 51 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2012 Posts: 51 | I have them, they just weren't mounted to the fenders when I brought it home. Looks kinda wierd without them. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 667 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 667 | Welcome Dyno --- the old girl appears to be in pretty good shape for her age. And if you do decide on the rear end swap...I may be interested in what you take out. I'm shopping for a 5.43 ring & pinion and will be happy to pay ca$h if the gears are right.
Best of luck on the build and keep the pix coming. | | |
| |
| |