The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (TGP, Bill Hanlon, Hotrod Lincoln, greenie-reddy, 1955 1 Series, Otto Skorzeny), 178 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,228
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#90052 11/25/2004 4:42 AM
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 36
G
Apprentice
Apprentice
G Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 36
My horn started blowing when I turn hard right. Guess wire in column needs more slack, LOL.

Mark

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 235
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 235
Makes every one look at the nice stove bolt coming around the corner

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
Might get someones fist in your face.
What year truck? smile


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 36
G
Apprentice
Apprentice
G Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 36
1940 1/2 ton

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 687
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 687
Short in wire been ther done that. popcorn The Truth is Out There (Old chevy car whenever I turned left.)

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 336
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 336
Pop: did you have to pull the wheel to fix it? I expect that's what's required here.


Gord
1954 1/2 ton 235 4 speed
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 687
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 687
Yes: There is connectors 2 wire if one gets frayed when you turn that direction the horn actually shorts causing it to blow. Back in the sixties when this happened. Put knees behind wheel and hit nut (not yourself grin ) those big old car wheels would pop right off. Ben

Nowdays I have wheel puller kits.

popcorn The Truth is Out There (It was a common problem back in the 50's & 60' funny until it happens to you turn honk turn honk jeesh)

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 36
G
Apprentice
Apprentice
G Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 36
I figured I'd hafta pull the wheel, but do I hafta pull the steering column to rewire? Can't I just replace a fuse or somethin? LOL.

Mark

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 687
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 687
Guys: You have to remember when I did this I was in my late teens!!!! The old memory isn't very good. Thinking, i just cleaned the wire end up and reinstall screw. Didn't have to run any new wire. popcorn The Truth is Out There (almost 55 and I burned, killed, demolished to many brain cells)Ben

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,144
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,144
Depends on function vs appearance. you can disconnect the horn wires in steering colum and add a dash mount horn button . doesn't look as good but its functional. seen it done on many work trucks. You don't have to remove steering wheel or column this way.


Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0