The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (RLB, Shaffer's1950, Otto Skorzeny, Mr Crosswrench), 121 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,132
Posts1,056,391
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#882411 09/13/2012 6:12 PM
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 121
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 121
What are the correct size brake lines for a 51 AD truck ? I bought all new brakes lines and a master cylinder for 51. The lines seem small . I was thinking they maybe gave me the wrong lines . I purchased the parts from the truck and car shop in orange ca.

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
What size truck is it? '51 1/2 tons use 3/16" line for all, 3/4 ton and larger use 1/4" line exept for the line across the rear axle, which is 3/16".


Bill Burmeister
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 121
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 121
It's a 1/2 ton , I'll measure the lines and make sure they are right .

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
....isn't there a 1/4" line going from the m/c over to the right side block? Seems I remember ONE 1/4" line going somewhere on my 52 1/2ton...or maybe I'm just getting old?


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,001
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,001
No, not old, you are correct. The line from the MC to the distribution block (front to rear) on the right frame rail is larger than the rest.

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
The '52 may be different from the '51. The specs I posted are from the '51 shop manual.


Bill Burmeister
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 121
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 121
The lines are 3/16" . Im having a hard time finding the brass T , anyone know I can located it ?

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Try JimCarter as I remember seeing some before...or maybe classic parts or American Classic


Last edited by Achipmunk; 09/23/2012 9:20 PM.

1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Chevs of the 40s

Call them to make sure they have the right diameter.

Jim Carter most likely has them, but their site is no good with a tablet PC.

Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 114
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 114
Inline tube.com has nice stainless correct size lines, tees and even nice actual length brake quality cables, compared to other cheap junk out there.....


Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0