| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,144 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 591 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 591 | I have what appears to be a 1957 NAPCO front axle. The brake shoes are the type with a hole in the middle. Apparently the brake adjusters are engineered to use that hole for sensing and adjusting. I have not be able to locate the adjusters with any suppliers, mine were missing. I am investigating Studebaker suppliers now. I was wondering if anybody has ever stumbled across a supplier of these type adjusters. Thanks, don | | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | Could you post a photo of it. I cant imagine it being different then any thing out there. They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | | | | Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 591 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 591 | To close this thread, I found the adjusters on a Studebaker parts supplier website (1954 Champion). don
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 1,867 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 1,867 | I'd also like to see some pics of how these things get adjusted. I know nothing about Napco's, but it's always fun seeing new stuff.
Jeff | | | | | Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 129 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 129 | Here's my parts list: Napco Brakes Parts List The later Napco axles used factory GM brake parts, lucky dogs.
Ed Miller '58 Apache short Fleetside half ton Napco Falls City, OR
| | |
| |
| |