The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Wally / Montana, BCBill, Gdads51, 66flea, Rusted Nut), 182 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,176
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#878349 08/28/2012 8:44 AM
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 591
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 591
I have what appears to be a 1957 NAPCO front axle. The brake shoes are the type with a hole in the middle. Apparently the brake adjusters are engineered to use that hole for sensing and adjusting. I have not be able to locate the adjusters with any suppliers, mine were missing. I am investigating Studebaker suppliers now. I was wondering if anybody has ever stumbled across a supplier of these type adjusters.
Thanks,
don

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
Could you post a photo of it. I cant imagine it being different then any thing out there.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 591
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 591
To close this thread, I found the adjusters on a Studebaker parts supplier website (1954 Champion).
don

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,867
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,867
I'd also like to see some pics of how these things get adjusted. I know nothing about Napco's, but it's always fun seeing new stuff.

Jeff


My 1953 Chevrolet
1947.1 Gallery
1972 C-10 1/2 Ton & 1972 C-30 1 Ton
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 129
E
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
E Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 129
Here's my parts list:

Napco Brakes Parts List

The later Napco axles used factory GM brake parts, lucky dogs.



Ed Miller
'58 Apache short Fleetside half ton Napco
Falls City, OR


Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0