| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
4 members (Shaffer's1950, cmayna, 2 invisible),
122
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,079 Posts1,056,286 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2006 Posts: 129 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2006 Posts: 129 | Does anyone know of a source for a starting crank hole cover for a 1940 truck? It is part #350809 according to the parts manual. I heard someone was reproducing, but I cannot seem to find. I would prefer an original, of course, but anything will do for now. | | | | | Joined: May 2011 Posts: 48 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2011 Posts: 48 |
Last edited by JimFinlayson; 06/26/2012 6:25 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2006 Posts: 129 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2006 Posts: 129 | Unfortunately, that is for the '40 cars and will not fit the trucks. I appreciate your looking. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 457 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 457 | From everything I have seen over the years, there was not a cover for the trucks. But, sure looks like there should be!!!!! If somebody has a pic, sure would like to see it.
1940 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup "KC" A day without sunshine is like, well, ..... dark! | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Not sure about a '40 but there is a crank hole cover for a '37. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 583 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 583 | Chevy made a crankhole cover for the 39-40 trucks. I have one on mine, and I have one for a spare. Whenever I see a 39-40 truck they never have the crankhole cover.
1939 Chevrolet Stake Truck
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 2,074 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 2,074 | A company called I & I Reproductions has lots of this hard to find stuff believe they have a website. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Yes, I've got stuff from I&I in the past. Some stuff at a good price some that is not so good....just have to check them out. http://www.iandireproduction.com/ | | |
| |
| |