The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Hotrod Lincoln), 130 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,143
Posts1,056,494
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#862011 06/26/2012 2:57 AM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 129
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 129
Does anyone know of a source for a starting crank hole cover for a 1940 truck? It is part #350809 according to the parts manual. I heard someone was reproducing, but I cannot seem to find. I would prefer an original, of course, but anything will do for now.


1939 GMC AC-102 Long Bed 1/2-Ton
In the Legacy Stovebolt Gallery
More details in his DITY Bay

1940 Chevy WB Series 1.5-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 48
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 48

Last edited by JimFinlayson; 06/26/2012 6:25 AM.

1960 GMC 1/2-ton Fleetside
"Donald"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr

1941 GMC 1/2-Ton Short Box Stepside
"Wilburforce"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr

1943? Chevrolet G7107
1946 Dodge COE 1-1/2 ton
1939 Allis Chalmers model "C"
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 129
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 129
Unfortunately, that is for the '40 cars and will not fit the trucks. I appreciate your looking.


1939 GMC AC-102 Long Bed 1/2-Ton
In the Legacy Stovebolt Gallery
More details in his DITY Bay

1940 Chevy WB Series 1.5-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 457
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 457
From everything I have seen over the years, there was not a cover for the trucks. But, sure looks like there should be!!!!!
If somebody has a pic, sure would like to see it.


1940 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup "KC"
A day without sunshine is like, well, ..... dark!
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Not sure about a '40 but there is a crank hole cover for a '37.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 583
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 583
Chevy made a crankhole cover for the 39-40 trucks. I have one on mine, and I have one for a spare. Whenever I see a 39-40 truck they never have the crankhole cover.


1939 Chevrolet Stake Truck
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 2,074
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 2,074
A company called I & I Reproductions has lots of this hard to find stuff believe they have a website.


It's easier to get forgiveness than permission!
1946 1/2-Ton Chevy
1953 Chevy 3/4-ton Factory Stakebed
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Yes, I've got stuff from I&I in the past. Some stuff at a good price some that is not so good....just have to check them out.

http://www.iandireproduction.com/


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0