The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Deegs53, CuzzFuzz, 1 invisible), 96 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,140
Posts1,056,466
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#857935 06/10/2012 4:33 PM
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 8
C
New Guy
New Guy
C Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 8
Hello all. I am new and need lots of help. I have aquired a 57 chevy 6400. The body is in great shape. Original 283 runs. Been reading night mares here on finding wheels. Already found 22.5 inch wheels. Need front end parts, leaf spring bushings and tie rod ends and maybe king pins. Where do you find parts for these trucks?

ChuckDwyer #857952 06/10/2012 7:30 PM
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Hi Chuck,firstly welcome to the Stovebolt.
I see this is your first post,take time to look around the site,there's a forum specifically for 'Big Bolts.'
Post any questions you have regarding your truck in the appropriate sections and the guys will soon chime in with the info.
Good luck with your new aquisition.
Jock.


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
jockbolter50 #857986 06/10/2012 10:20 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome Chuck. It must be a local truck to still have a rust free body. The parts are out there, enjoy the search.

Leo

Leo #858008 06/11/2012 12:06 AM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Chuck, I'll add my welcome along with everyone else. This is the place to be if your working on old stovebolts!

(for your model year I'd always check the local guys. There is quite a bit you can get over the counter or overnight without paying shipping. Give Napa and others a shot. I'm sure the guys over in the Big Bolt forum will be glad to help you out)


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0