The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Hotrod Lincoln, 1955 1 Series, tricordati), 157 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,095
Posts1,056,480
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 235
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 235
So my 261 is almost finished and before I put stuff on it permanently I have a question about thermo switches to power an electric fan.
I made a spacer to go between the water inlet and the block where I always plumbed a water line to go to my intake manifold. Wile Im here I thought I should drill it for a switch as well.
What are people using? I was thinking a switch that kicked on at about 205 and off at around 190 F.
Thoughts?

A m I crazy?

Jeremy


1950 Chevy 3800 1-Ton Long Bed
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr

Sold all the bikes, leaving California behind.
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
I'm using a switch on my '56 that is wired into the electric temp gauge unit. It can be set to come on when you want it.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 235
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 235
Where did you get your switch?
Where did you install it?
So you are using it as a temp sender to the gauge and a switch for the fan? That's pretty cool.

what temp did you set it for?

Thanks,
Jeremy


1950 Chevy 3800 1-Ton Long Bed
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr

Sold all the bikes, leaving California behind.
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
I got it at Speedway.

I have it mounted under the dash on the steering column.

This wires to the back of the gauge. Use your existing gauge and sender.

I have mine set to come on at 180.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Got mine stuff for the fan from Speedway to. Good folks. I have my fan coming on at 195 for my V8 and I also have a manual switch to if needed.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
Flexalite makes a probe that slides between the fins of the radiator, along with an adjustable controller that lets you set your on / off temps. Works great / no holes req'd in hoses or fittings. Most speed shops carry this item.


1940 Chevy KC 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0