The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (frogfarmer, Steelonsteel, Gray_Ghost, TUTS 59, 2 invisible), 176 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,268
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#846361 04/24/2012 10:41 PM
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 34
1
New Guy
New Guy
1 Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 34
found this in a pile of parts I bought what is it says 46 radio but looks like an ancient speaker to me.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v249/jimbo42/panel/IMG_0639.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v249/jimbo42/panel/IMG_0640.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v249/jimbo42/panel/IMG_0638.jpg[/IMG]

161616 #846368 04/24/2012 11:21 PM
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
Looks similar to a radio I saw in a 40 Chevrolet car. The controls were a separate little box with a dial and knobs. Open it up and see if there are typical tubes and such inside.


1953 Chevrolet 3600
Fried Green T'mater (Vern)
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Caution: Political Statement
Man who runs in front of car gets tired, man who runs behind car gets exhausted.
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
I would expect there to be a couple of fittings where mechanical control cables attach. Open it up and you may find a name and model number.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 171
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 171
It's a "MOTOROLA" radio made in the 40's aftermarket They had there own connections, mounted on the fire wall with a head controls, Motorola had a wide range of optional heads, some could fit the dash like original equipment, Some years ago I cleaned out a radio shop that sold Motorola I've still got set like this and heads NOS, not really worth much, I use them for parts!

BILL #846940 04/27/2012 1:27 AM
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 34
1
New Guy
New Guy
1 Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 34
Thx Bill could you post a couple picks of your radio with the heads then mayby I could collect the parts from a swapmeet or at least know what im looking for.

161616 #847074 04/27/2012 2:58 PM
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 171
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 171
I'll see what I've got left , It's not uncommon to find NOS heads for Motorola at flea markets, most that I had I robbed the Knobs, some are close to OME in looks ,only they use set screws and not the half shaft with springs found on GM radios

BILL #848512 05/03/2012 2:04 AM
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,321
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,321
Take a look at this post & you will see what a 1946 Radio looks like.
https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=839932#Post839932
Harold


Harold
Is a restoration ever finished?

Moderated by  truckernix 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0