| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (Nhluvstruck, 32Fordpuchoptop, Bill Hanlon, DHedrick, Ponchogl, Southerntruck, Otto Skorzeny, 1955 1 Series, 1 invisible),
129
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,279 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 34 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 34 | | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 | Looks similar to a radio I saw in a 40 Chevrolet car. The controls were a separate little box with a dial and knobs. Open it up and see if there are typical tubes and such inside. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 | I would expect there to be a couple of fittings where mechanical control cables attach. Open it up and you may find a name and model number. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 171 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 171 | It's a "MOTOROLA" radio made in the 40's aftermarket They had there own connections, mounted on the fire wall with a head controls, Motorola had a wide range of optional heads, some could fit the dash like original equipment, Some years ago I cleaned out a radio shop that sold Motorola I've still got set like this and heads NOS, not really worth much, I use them for parts! | | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 34 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 34 | Thx Bill could you post a couple picks of your radio with the heads then mayby I could collect the parts from a swapmeet or at least know what im looking for.
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 171 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 171 | I'll see what I've got left , It's not uncommon to find NOS heads for Motorola at flea markets, most that I had I robbed the Knobs, some are close to OME in looks ,only they use set screws and not the half shaft with springs found on GM radios | | | | | Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 1,321 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 1,321 |
Harold Is a restoration ever finished? | | |
| |
| |