The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Frank50, Nick in Manitou, Donf, 1 invisible), 83 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,636
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#845556 04/22/2012 12:43 AM
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 2
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 2
Original 1946 Chevy Truck (Rita MAe) still on work duty after 66 yrs. Load: 50 sheets of plywood+insulation:

http://a.yfrog.com/img138/3017/z489.jpg

Here is a video from last year when then engine had just been rebuilt:

Last edited by Baxsie; 04/22/2012 3:41 AM.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,997
S
Big Bolt Forum Co-moderator
Big Bolt Forum Co-moderator
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,997
That's a sweet looking truck in the video. The picture link didn't work for me.


A day without laughter is a day wasted- Charlie Chaplin
When wrestling a grizzly bear, you have to keep at it until the bear gets tired, not when you get tired.

1948 Chevy 2-Ton
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Welcome to the, Baxie. Nice to see the truck still earns it keep. Thanks for sharing .


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 667
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 667
Good on ya! --- what a great old hoss!


1946 1.5-Ton Chevy Shorty Bus
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Tango's 1946 Chevy "Skoolie" Project
All my best --- Tango
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 2
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 2
Thanks for the kind words.

Here is another try on the pic:

http://a.yfrog.com/img138/3017/z489.jpg

[img]http://a.yfrog.com/img138/3017/z489.jpg[/img]

Pic Here

Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 184
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 184
All of you picture links worked for me.

That is great that you are still using it. Looks to be in really nice shape. I really like the steel front on the bed, looks nice and gives a nice solid front, but you can still remove the rears. If I ever build a flat bed I will keep your bed in mind.

Tad


1946 Chevy OS 1.5ton, 1955 GMC 3100, along with other various IH,Ford,Nash,MGB,.....
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 253
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 253
I always enjoy old trucks that still earn there keep. That's a nice one!


1945 Chevrolet G 506 1.5 Ton Military 4X4
1967 Jeep Cj5 with 283 SBC
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 78
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 78
Baxsie,
Lookin' good! I have a '46 6400 that is currently undergoing a total mechanical makeover but the body is very very similar to your Rita Mae. My truck is affectionately named Rochester. I live in Portland but travel extensively. I would love to shake hands with anyone who owns such a fine American vehicle in the Pacific Northwest. I'll send you a PM the next time I am coming through Spokane.
LevisPop


Milk the cows you have
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,989
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,989
I love that photo! That's a really cool old truck, and it's good to see them doing what they were made to do!


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 163
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 163
great looking truck. Being a Spokane guy as well I may run into you one day.

JR


Jason
1946 GMC COE
1967 Pontiac Lemans Convertible

http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/jrpontiac/library/?sort=3&page=1
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 45
1
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
1 Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 45
My GMC pickup has about that same patina. SWEET!


The older I get, I only want to work on older rigs.
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 90
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 90
Love seeing em with their boots on! If you ever get to the west side of the mountains you may well see Cecil haulin some loads around Seattle


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0