| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,119 Posts1,056,313 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 41 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 41 | I am missing the lever/linkage for the cowl vent on my 40 chev 1/2t. Any place to see what it looks like? What years are the same?
Thanks. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 Ex Hall Monitor | | Ex Hall Monitor Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 | They are all similar but how many years and models are interchangeable I don't know. If you don't already you might start checking ebay regularly. I see vent lever assemblies regularly.
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Dexter, I know we are suppose to do our wheeling and dealing in by PM but this is not an offer to buy or sale..... I'm simply saying if a 52 AD style will work...then we can do the PM thing as I have one. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 41 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 41 | Thanks for the response. I hate to rely on Ebay since I have seen statements that 40-46 are the same and others say only 39 & 40 are the same. I am fairly sure that 47-53 are different since the cabs changed. I am inclined to believe that 39 & 40 are interchangeable, but would like confirmation before buying. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 83 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 83 | I have both a 40 and a 41 and the levers are a little different between the two. However, since the dash and cowl are the same, it is possible that the two may be interchangeable. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 41 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 41 | Thanks for the info. I have a part of the linkage that hooks to the vent. It is short and curved with some ripples along the curve with a hole drilled in the ends. I used to have a 50 and it had a flat bar with a slot in the end and was 90 deg.with a short flat bar attached to the vent. Parts claiming to be 40-46 look a lot like my 50 linkage, in my mind, which is not the most reliable place to draw from. HA. | | |
| |
| |