The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (moparguy, Otto Skorzeny, 2-Ton, lumbersawyer, DadsFirstPickup, Barry Martak), 149 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,126
Posts1,056,354
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#805295 12/10/2011 12:46 AM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 355
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 355
i got my 37 chevy home and while looking for hidden squirel treasures i noticed that my glovebox door wasn't simply a smooth featureless door, one side has a round sphere and equaly on the other side has a round hole, was there a clock or ?? in that or what exactly do i have with this door


1937 1/2 ton
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
Picture?


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Tiny #805323 12/10/2011 2:13 AM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Daniel, I'm not positive on this but I don't think the trucks came with a clock.... but I have read here that some folks used a clock out of a 37 or maybe a 38/39 car. I think those were "in the glove box door". Soooo, maybe someone switched only the glove box door or cut it and put a clock in it.
Does the hole look factory??
I'm sure someone else will straighten us both out on this!!!

As Tiny suggest, a picture would be great.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 355
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 355
thanks chipmonk this truck is 100% original so i am sure its factory just not sure what it was yes the hole is factory
lol i will do a pics tommarow when the truck is firmly in my driveway smile "it cost me my 59 to get it but i think it will be well worth it"

Last edited by Daniel Bland; 12/10/2011 2:21 AM.

1937 1/2 ton
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 355
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 355
btw here is a pic of the glove box door and the truck as it sits before i get it home it has fenders but they were stored inside the shop smile
http://s1084.photobucket.com/albums/j402/quietwinds67/


1937 1/2 ton
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Never seen anything like that before. Do you suppose someone drilled the "hole" with a hole saw to sit a drink cup down in??


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
That's a 36 car glove box door.
As an option, they came with that glove box door. On the right is an ash tray closed as shown in your picture, but would spin open (by pushing one side of it) for use. The other hole had a clock in it. It was an electric clock that ran on 6 volts. Since these dash boards were just like the 36 Master, many dealers and others would put the car glove box door in the truck for extra added BLING! If you want to look at my truck below, you can roll to a shot of the glovebox door as it appears on my dash.


"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!"
My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.
Operators are standing by to take your calls!
Now cruising in the Passing Lane
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 355
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 355
yeah mystery solved smile now where to get the clock....


1937 1/2 ton
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Tiny #805613 12/11/2011 3:43 AM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 355
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 355
my new baby made it home you can see the pics on my updated photobucket link "with the fenders not in the previous photo's"

http://s1084.photobucket.com/albums/j402/quietwinds67/


1937 1/2 ton
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
Good looking truck! Looks like all the good stuff is with it!


"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!"
My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.
Operators are standing by to take your calls!
Now cruising in the Passing Lane
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 460
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 460
I actually bought a glove box door for my '37 on ebay a few years back with a wind up clock built into it that apparently was an original option back then...

The clock has a hinge on one side and you can pull it out to wind it, then push it back in... I think it's still out in the shop in the "extra parts" pile with a bunch of other stuff that didn't go with the truck when I sold it...



Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0