The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 85 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,127
Posts1,056,680
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 60
K
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 60
My wife and I went and looked at this truck and ended up buying it. Looks to be pretty solid, with just a few areas of rust. Mostly complete. Here are a couple pictures. The bed is just sitting off the back, nothing is bend or wrecked.

[IMG]http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo195/mykcode/1954%20truck%203100/54truck5.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo195/mykcode/1954%20truck%203100/54truck4.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo195/mykcode/1954%20truck%203100/54truck2.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo195/mykcode/1954%20truck%203100/54truck1.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo195/mykcode/1954%20truck%203100/54truck.jpg[/IMG]

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270

Welcome to Stovebolt.com

Looks good. Exterior metal does not look very rusty. Is it a running truck?

Post your questions and people will quickly answer.

Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 60
K
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 60
It's not running currently. Not sure of the work it will take to get it on the road. I am surprised at how inexpensive the parts are for this truck. I need a few small patches in the floor and the section between the doors and front fender on the bottom of the cab is rusted. I need to find some patch panels. The drivers side door may need replaced, but not sure yet. The panel on the bed next to the cab could use replacing. other than that the rest of the truck is pretty solid. The frame is in great shape. The dash is not cut up. Probably go with a new grill.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Welcome to the Bolt. Looks like you got a pretty doggone straight pickup. Luckily there are lots of parts available for the AD trucks. Goodluck and keep us posted. Lots of information here that is shared by each and everyone. See ya around the shop.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 698
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 698
Good looking project, good luck and keep us posted on progress.


My Fleet:
1941
1953
1959
1965
1966
1953 Willy's Pickup

John

Vegetarian- old Indian word for bad hunter
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 206
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 206
sweet find! Looks like that grill is still looking good under that black.

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,714
W
back yard wrench turner
back yard wrench turner
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,714
Steve,
Glad to see you made it here.
You'll have it running in no time!

Last edited by Wayne67vert; 12/03/2011 4:44 AM.

Wayne
1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
Stovebolt Gallery Forums
1989 Silverado
1996 Mustang GT convertible
When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 117
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 117
Originally Posted by kcode1965
I am surprised at how inexpensive the parts are for this truck.

Just wait, when the sickness sets in it gets worse. Then you'll look back and be surprised at how much you spent on your truck.

Welcome!


Sort of stock 1950 Chevrolet 3100
235 (The engine shread) (Engine assembly)- 4 speed - 12 bolt - stock front axle with power disc brakes
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome, yup the costs do add up. Good luck.

Leo

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
Looks good. my first order would be order LMC and Brotherstruck catalog. then some truck magazines, that lets you know what is out there. good luck.


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 277
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 277
Yep, I would have bought it too! I just love the 54 and 55.1

Joe


1955 First Series 3100
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
B
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
Originally Posted by 1953 panel
Welcome, yup the costs do add up. Good luck.

Leo

Welcome to the Bolt, you'll like it here.
Yes parts are relatively inexpensive. It's not the cost of the parts it's the number of parts you'll need. dang


~Jim
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,847
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,847
not only are the parts cheap they are getting hard to find. But don't worry, you will spend plenty. And I have been noticing a lot of the stuff is made in China, it all looks pretty good at first, but upon closer inspection, not so good. That is not always the case, but keep you wits about you. If it seems too cheap, there is probably a reason.

Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 60
K
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 60
I have ordered some parts catalogs and I will probably pick up a truck magazine soon. The wife is wanting to start on it now, but I have to get a 63 split window Corvette painted for my buddy. If all goes well, that will be this week.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0