Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Phak1, Peggy M, Flatblu4748, Charles in CA, FAST55, Gray_Ghost, Rusted Nut),
105
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,128 Posts1,056,686 Members48,452 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 60 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 60 | | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 | Welcome to Stovebolt.com
Looks good. Exterior metal does not look very rusty. Is it a running truck?
Post your questions and people will quickly answer.
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 60 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 60 | It's not running currently. Not sure of the work it will take to get it on the road. I am surprised at how inexpensive the parts are for this truck. I need a few small patches in the floor and the section between the doors and front fender on the bottom of the cab is rusted. I need to find some patch panels. The drivers side door may need replaced, but not sure yet. The panel on the bed next to the cab could use replacing. other than that the rest of the truck is pretty solid. The frame is in great shape. The dash is not cut up. Probably go with a new grill. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Welcome to the Bolt. Looks like you got a pretty doggone straight pickup. Luckily there are lots of parts available for the AD trucks. Goodluck and keep us posted. Lots of information here that is shared by each and everyone. See ya around the shop. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 698 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 698 | Good looking project, good luck and keep us posted on progress.
My Fleet: 19411953195919651966 1953 Willy's Pickup John Vegetarian- old Indian word for bad hunter
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 206 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 206 | sweet find! Looks like that grill is still looking good under that black. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 1,714 back yard wrench turner | | back yard wrench turner Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 1,714 | Steve, Glad to see you made it here. You'll have it running in no time!
Last edited by Wayne67vert; 12/03/2011 4:44 AM.
Wayne1938 1-Ton Farm TruckStovebolt Gallery Forums1989 Silverado 1996 Mustang GT convertible When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it! | | | | | Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 117 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 117 | I am surprised at how inexpensive the parts are for this truck. Just wait, when the sickness sets in it gets worse. Then you'll look back and be surprised at how much you spent on your truck. Welcome! | | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 | Welcome, yup the costs do add up. Good luck.
Leo | | | | | Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 4,095 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 4,095 | Looks good. my first order would be order LMC and Brotherstruck catalog. then some truck magazines, that lets you know what is out there. good luck.
Ron, The Computer Greek I love therefore I am.1954 3100 Chevy truckIn the Gallery 2017 Buick Encore See more pix1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 277 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 277 | Yep, I would have bought it too! I just love the 54 and 55.1
Joe
1955 First Series 3100
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 | Welcome, yup the costs do add up. Good luck.
Leo Welcome to the Bolt, you'll like it here. Yes parts are relatively inexpensive. It's not the cost of the parts it's the number of parts you'll need. 
~Jim
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 1,847 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 1,847 | not only are the parts cheap they are getting hard to find. But don't worry, you will spend plenty. And I have been noticing a lot of the stuff is made in China, it all looks pretty good at first, but upon closer inspection, not so good. That is not always the case, but keep you wits about you. If it seems too cheap, there is probably a reason. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 60 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 60 | I have ordered some parts catalogs and I will probably pick up a truck magazine soon. The wife is wanting to start on it now, but I have to get a 63 split window Corvette painted for my buddy. If all goes well, that will be this week. | | |
| |