The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (GRNHydra, Gdads51, Hotrod Lincoln), 69 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,353
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#783023 09/23/2011 4:56 AM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 40
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 40
This is my 1949 3800 series flat bed. I found the truck a few months ago on Craigslist in Wichita, Kansas. I made the drive all the way from Houston,Tx,to get it. It is rough and rusty, but I love it. It has a 1955 235 engine in it that is getting pretty tired and the front axle has a lot of slop in it. I plan on restoring it mechanically a.s.a.p., but I would like to leave the body nasty for a bit. So far, all that I've done to it is give it a good cleaning, installed 4 original hubcaps, and I removed the one ton pickup running boards so that I can install the short running boards that a flat bed should have.I'm an artist specializing in aviation related art, so this truck is getting a lot of use picking up old junk airplane parts.
Jason Barnett
www.jasonbarnett.net 1949 3800 with Soviet airplane tail on bed [/url] 49 one ton driver's side

Last edited by c Jason Barnett; 09/23/2011 5:21 AM.

The aviation artist guy in Houston that loves old trucks even more than planes. www.jasonbarnettartist.com
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,988
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,988
Congratulations on the truck! And you even got a hoist! You'll appreciate that more than once.


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
.... something about a short flatbed. One day I'm gonna own one.
keep us posted.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 40
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 40
I'm getting rid of the hoist asap. It works great, but I could use the 6" lower loading height a lot more than I can use a dump bed. I hope to find some old stake racks for it. I will probably have to just make some out of wood. I like flatbeds, but I don't want stuff sliding off the sides every time I turn, so the sooner I can make it into a stake bed the better.


The aviation artist guy in Houston that loves old trucks even more than planes. www.jasonbarnettartist.com

Moderated by  J Lucas 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0