The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (MickeyP, Oswald, Barry Martak, Jon G, moparguy), 98 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,088
Posts1,056,381
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 231
1
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
1 Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 231
I've got a stock 1953 Chevrolet I6 radiator in my truck with a 87 350 v8. is the stock radiator ok to keep in there. right now i dont have any sort of fan in the truck but looking at buying electric fans. If i buy electric fan set up will that help any? or will i still have to buy a new radiator
Thanks

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
It will be largely dependent on the condition of the radiator. Mine held for quite a while but eventually the pressure made a pin hole in it. There are several aluminum radiators available. I got a Champion off epay.


1953 Chevrolet 3600
Fried Green T'mater (Vern)
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Caution: Political Statement
Man who runs in front of car gets tired, man who runs behind car gets exhausted.
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
I've run my '56 long and hard with a 350 and stock radiator. I have an electric fan with shroud.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
If the radiator is in good shape I think it'll do the job unless the engine is sitting mighty low in the frame for whatever reason.
There is another thread here about a bolter buying a new aluminum radiator for 159 bucks from eagle manufacturing. Might be agood investment since most shops charge a lot more than that to vat and rod one out.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0