| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,094 Posts1,056,155 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 19 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 19 | Looking for anyone who may have a camaro rear in a 55-59 pick up or panel. I have a 75 camaro rear in my 55 2nd gen. panel and would like to utilize the factory ebrake connection on the frame. Anyone have any part #s or suggestions. Thanks! | | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 649 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 649 | I put a 79 camaro rearend under my 51 Burb, and I doubt if the E-cables are that much different, mine is drum type. Are you talking disc? I haven't figured out how to secure the cable housing to the backing plate. Don't the end attach to the frame/clamp brkt like the AD's? If they don't I could see where you might have a problem. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 | I'm not sure about the second series,but it might be worth looking at Lokar. I used a mid 80's Camaro/Firebird rear in my AD and the Lokar cables hooked right up.
Last edited by jockbolter50; 09/02/2011 7:04 AM.
1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in ScotlandIn the Stovebolt GalleryMore pix on Flickr. I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | I have a Firebird rear end in my 58. It seems like I used the stock 58 cables in the FB backing plates. They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | | | | Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 19 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 19 | I have drums in the rear and check at napa for the correct length but could not come up with anything. Looks like ill have to go with a lokar kit or move the frmae mount location and go with the camaro e-brake cables. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 348 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 348 | contact control cables in santa fe springs, ca google them | | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,215 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,215 | I have a set from Control Cables, '37 ends on one side, '79 on the other. Use the downloadable brake cable sheets, very easy to get what you want.
Joe | | |
| |
| |