The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Hush, Joe W, Peggy M, Jon G, Gray_Ghost, Guitplayer, 1 invisible), 160 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,179
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 19
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 19
Looking for anyone who may have a camaro rear in a 55-59 pick up or panel. I have a 75 camaro rear in my 55 2nd gen. panel and would like to utilize the factory ebrake connection on the frame. Anyone have any part #s or suggestions. Thanks!

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 649
Y
'Bolter
'Bolter
Y Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 649
I put a 79 camaro rearend under my 51 Burb, and I doubt if the E-cables are that much different, mine is drum type. Are you talking disc? I haven't figured out how to secure the cable housing to the backing plate. Don't the end attach to the frame/clamp brkt like the AD's? If they don't I could see where you might have a problem.

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
I'm not sure about the second series,but it might be worth looking at Lokar.
I used a mid 80's Camaro/Firebird rear in my AD and the Lokar cables hooked right up.

Last edited by jockbolter50; 09/02/2011 7:04 AM.

1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
I have a Firebird rear end in my 58. It seems like I used the stock 58 cables in the FB backing plates.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 19
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 19
I have drums in the rear and check at napa for the correct length but could not come up with anything. Looks like ill have to go with a lokar kit or move the frmae mount location and go with the camaro e-brake cables.

Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 348
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 348
contact control cables in santa fe springs, ca google them


1949 SUBURBAN
In the Gallery
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,215
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,215
I have a set from Control Cables, '37 ends on one side, '79 on the other. Use the downloadable brake cable sheets, very easy to get what you want.

Joe


Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0