The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Roy Rodgers, Oswald, Brian Moore), 124 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#778285 09/05/2011 7:15 PM
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 3
P
New Guy
New Guy
P Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 3
This is my 37 Chevy Panel, 112” wheelbase. After 10 years, it’s almost ready for the road. When I found the project, it was in baskets, and in pretty bad shape, as the pictures show.
I used the stock frame, and installed a Fatman M-II front end. The steering is also M-II, with a GM P/S pump, pressure reduced. The donor drive train is from an 85’ Camaro, freshened 305 TPI motor coupled to a 700R-4. March Performance supplied the serpentine pulleys and brackets. I used a 9” Ford differential, currently with a 3:00 gear, and removed 6 leafs from the stock rear springs, Alden adjustable coil-overs in the front. Power disk brakes all around, Coys 17” front & 18” rear wheels w/ Nexen rubber. I used a BeCool aluminum radiator, and fabricated a shroud from polished stainless. I also fabricated an 18 gallon stainless fuel tank that resides behind the rear differential with an external fuel pump and filter. A Hagen fuel door with cap-less filler completes the circuit. All engine linkage and dipsticks are Lokar, Hooker ceramic coated block huggers into 2” stainless exhaust with Flowmaster stainless Super 50’s. Borgeson steering joints, and stainless DD shafting. The body was channeled 6” over the frame, and the rear fenders widened 3”. Running boards were smoothed, and the front fenders were too far gone to repair, they were replaced with Superior Glassworks fiberglass. The front doors were shaved and Rocky’s suicide hinges installed. The front grill is a re-chromed original; [censored] Moffit reconditioned the stainless trim. Speedway provided the electric door release and window kits, King Bee headlights with parking and turn lamps inside, and the swan neck mirrors. The LED tail lights came from Southern Rods, along with the Banjo steering wheel. Jim Carter provided a correct wiper motor and arm, and many other incidentals.
The steering column is an Ididit tilt with the dimmer installed into the turn switch. An
E-Z Wire 21 circuit, and a Howell TPI harness handle the electricals that are tucked in behind the console under the dash. Ididit also supplied the push button start, Clayton AC vents, and Vintage Air unit. The gauges are Haneline’s Duals w/Speedo. All of the glass was replaced by Custer Glass of Monroe, Mi. The two toned paint is PPG Dark and Dramatic Deep Plum (#51685) and Silver Metallic (#908418), sprayed by Todd Crum of Oak Harbor, Ohio.
The interior upholstery and trim is being finished by Spiros of Ev’s Auto of Toledo, Ohio. The re-covered seats are from a ‘95 Lincoln, and feature 8 way adjustability. Almost every nut and bolt in this car is stainless steel, and wherever I could, I used button heads for the look.

With this drive train combination, I expect 20+ mpg. This panel drives and handles like a dream, and is very comfortable.

http://s1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff402/Plee37/37%20Panel%20Show/

Last edited by Phil55; 09/05/2011 7:53 PM.
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Somehow I got to read all that you previously wrote before it got deleted??
I click on the link but my computer says Internet Explorer not available to display page??

Anyway, Welcome to the Stovebolt. From your previous write up I got to read it sounds as though you RESURRECTED it instead of restoring it. I can relate to that will my own 37 pickup a few years ago.
I'll come check later and maybe I can see the pics.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 3
P
New Guy
New Guy
P Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 3
I'm so new to this site, I haven't figured it all out just yet, with the link to photobucket, I'll keep trying!

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Phil, the photobucket link works just find. That is an awesome panel you got there. I'm sure the road was long in getting there but I know it is not soooo gratifying. Excellent job.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,987
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,987
Nice truck! The suicide doors are an interesting touch.


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 457
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 457
That is a very nice ride. I can appreciate the tons of work that went into it....Good Job!


1940 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup "KC"
A day without sunshine is like, well, ..... dark!
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Very, very nice Phil. Lots of hours in that one, for sure.
Welcome!

Leo

Leo #778760 09/07/2011 5:49 AM
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
Freakin' beautiful job !
Don't see many of those babies around...way to go !


1940 Chevy KC 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 382
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 382
Wow, Wow, Wow! That is one fine ride!


1948 Chevrolet 1-Ton Grain Truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery SOLD
More pix in Photobucket

"A Man & His Truck--It's a Beautiful Thing!"

"You're never 100% ready, you're just next"....Ty Murray
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 30
H
New Guy
New Guy
H Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 30
Your truck is awesome. After seeing your pictures, I am inspired to work on my 52 Panel.


Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0