The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Bill Marlow, TUTS 59, Wally / Montana, Shade Baby, 1 invisible), 80 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,132
Posts1,056,385
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#777445 09/02/2011 4:55 PM
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 66
A
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 66
Hello, after installing rubber door seals on rocker panels my doors stick out from the body. Is ther a way to prevent this such as heating the rubber and stretching it to decrease the thicknes? Has anyone else come across this problem?
Thank you,
Al

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Al, if your talking about the little rubber strip that goes at t he bottom and is attached to the cab YES I had the same problem. So much so that when I closed the door it caused the bottom half of the door to stick out. I ended up taking a razor blade and just trimming the rubber off. Problem solved for now.

I must add this. My metal door panels were so bad that I covered them with a think piece of foam and then thin upholstery fabric over the foam. I'm sure this didn't help the situation very good and I could see the rubber imprint in the foam/fabric.
Its my opinion however that the foam and fabric, compressed, should not have made that big of difference.

The 37 is the first pickup I did a FULL restoration on and now that I am retired I'd like to take the 37 back apart and do it again to straighten out some stuff from door hinges and door panels to re-locating the gas tank. (Right after I get finished with the panel, maybe a studebaker and and and....:)


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 66
A
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 66
Thank you! I'll give the razor blade a try.
Al


Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0