Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,353 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2010 Posts: 18 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2010 Posts: 18 | My first post here...
I am looking for sources for reproduction running boards for a 1942 Chevy truck as well as pros and cons on them. Thanks in advance
Last edited by MT; 07/29/2011 10:17 PM.
Change is Opportunity
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2010 Posts: 18 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2010 Posts: 18 | nobody makes them? Been looking but no luck as of yet.
Change is Opportunity
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 | | | | | | Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 252 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 252 | Smoothie Fabrications makes the steel smoothies. I have a set on my truck. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,554 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,554 | I got a set of fiberglass ones for my 41 and I haven't put them on yet, they look nice but the mounting brackets are in the wrong place. I contacted the builder and they sent me new mounting pads to glass in. If you order from them I would make sure of the measurements ahead of time, I got fenders and boards. [email protected] is their contact e-mail
Last edited by homer52; 07/30/2011 5:16 PM.
1941 Chevy"First rebuild - complete!"Follow the story in the DITY1941 GMC resting peacefully 1946/1947 Chevy Street rod on s10 frame complete 1945 GMC panel truck in line for restoration 1941 Plymouth stock complete 1941 GMC COE in restoration processRead his Project Journal1941 Chevy Coe uncertain future resting now
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 Socket Breaker | | Socket Breaker Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 | links look under parts... -W | | | | | Joined: Jul 2010 Posts: 18 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2010 Posts: 18 | Thanks for the help here guys... I looked under the parts section prior to my first post as well as this post and as a result I threw up here for some additional direction. I have built several smoothies for many types of vehicles. Guess I will be making another set. LOL Thanks again for the help it is appreciated.
Change is Opportunity
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | MT, I'm not sure about the 42 but I think R&R Fiberglass in Tenn. carries the fiberglass ones with the ribs in it like the originals. I almost bought smoothies but just didn't like them. I found R&R and bought a set for my 1937 pickup and they have lasted quite well the past 10years and still look nice.
I have their info/phone # in the shop if you'd like it. A phone call is a small thing if you find what your looking for.
Edit: I just checked their site (someone listed it above) and they have the 41-46 Ribbed running boards. Contact # is 423-334-4455 Richard Keller owns and runs it. Tell him Alvin, from S.C. and a stovebolter, told you to call and for him to give you a 10% discount!! Or he may hekp you on shipping. I've done business with him for years and have only heard of one or two complaints over the years. I know, I know, one is to many but hey, the truth is the truth. Give him a call.
Last edited by Achipmunk; 07/31/2011 9:08 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2010 Posts: 18 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2010 Posts: 18 | Thanks again for the heads up. I am a metal fabricator by trade. Thinking about building some smoothies and cutting some ribs in from a small truck bed, at least something to give it the look. Its not exactly original but neither is smoothies or fiber glass. 
Change is Opportunity
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 457 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 457 | If you do metal fab, don't you have a flat bead/rib roller laying around so you can make it all in one piece?? Just kidding, boy it would be nice to have access the all the cool tools 
1940 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup "KC" A day without sunshine is like, well, ..... dark! | | |
| |