The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (CuzzFuzz, 39Master85, Ponchogl, WICruiser, Otto Skorzeny), 82 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,090
Posts1,056,345
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 18
M
MT
Offline
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 18
My first post here...

I am looking for sources for reproduction running boards for a 1942 Chevy truck as well as pros and cons on them. Thanks in advance

Last edited by MT; 07/29/2011 10:17 PM.

Change is Opportunity
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 18
M
MT
Offline
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 18
nobody makes them? Been looking but no luck as of yet.


Change is Opportunity
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263

Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 252
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 252
Smoothie Fabrications makes the steel smoothies. I have a set on my truck.

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,554
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,554
I got a set of fiberglass ones for my 41 and I haven't put them on yet, they look nice but the mounting brackets are in the wrong place. I contacted the builder and they sent me new mounting pads to glass in. If you order from them I would make sure of the measurements ahead of time, I got fenders and boards. [email protected] is their contact e-mail

Last edited by homer52; 07/30/2011 5:16 PM.

1941 Chevy
"First rebuild - complete!"
Follow the story in the DITY
1941 GMC resting peacefully
1946/1947 Chevy Street rod on s10 frame complete
1945 GMC panel truck in line for restoration
1941 Plymouth stock complete
1941 GMC COE in restoration process
Read his Project Journal
1941 Chevy Coe uncertain future resting now
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893

links

look under parts...

-W

Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 18
M
MT
Offline
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 18
Thanks for the help here guys... I looked under the parts section prior to my first post as well as this post and as a result I threw up here for some additional direction. I have built several smoothies for many types of vehicles. Guess I will be making another set. LOL Thanks again for the help it is appreciated.


Change is Opportunity
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
MT, I'm not sure about the 42 but I think R&R Fiberglass in Tenn. carries the fiberglass ones with the ribs in it like the originals. I almost bought smoothies but just didn't like them. I found R&R and bought a set for my 1937 pickup and they have lasted quite well the past 10years and still look nice.

I have their info/phone # in the shop if you'd like it. A phone call is a small thing if you find what your looking for.

Edit: I just checked their site (someone listed it above) and they have the 41-46 Ribbed running boards. Contact # is 423-334-4455 Richard Keller owns and runs it. Tell him Alvin, from S.C. and a stovebolter, told you to call and for him to give you a 10% discount!! Or he may hekp you on shipping. I've done business with him for years and have only heard of one or two complaints over the years. I know, I know, one is to many but hey, the truth is the truth. Give him a call.

Last edited by Achipmunk; 07/31/2011 9:08 PM.

1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 18
M
MT
Offline
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 18
Thanks again for the heads up. I am a metal fabricator by trade. Thinking about building some smoothies and cutting some ribs in from a small truck bed, at least something to give it the look. Its not exactly original but neither is smoothies or fiber glass. thumbs_up


Change is Opportunity
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 457
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 457
If you do metal fab, don't you have a flat bead/rib roller laying around so you can make it all in one piece?? Just kidding, boy it would be nice to have access the all the cool tools smile


1940 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup "KC"
A day without sunshine is like, well, ..... dark!

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0