The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (LAROKE, Wally / Montana, Gdads51), 80 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,083
Posts1,056,326
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#763354 07/18/2011 12:38 AM
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 13
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 13
I have a 65 chevy pickup with a 68 250 engine when i try to wire it up it will only run while cranking? If i add a key on wire it will start & run but when you turn the key off the bendix grinds? I got something wrong no colors on any wires. If any one can help me out I would be thankful. Jerry

Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 119
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 119
I re-wired my 62. Sometimes when I turn off the truck I hear a grinding noise as well. What is that? Is that a bendix? If so, what's a bendix and how do I fix that grinding noise?


Thom Masterson
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
The Bendix is part of the starter motor solenoid which should disengage once the engine has started.

Last edited by DrewP; 07/21/2011 5:34 PM.

Drew
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 14
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 14


Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0