Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (D B Cooper, 1955 1 Series, Rexville48, Robert Crandall, NorCal52Suburban, C10 - C90 Bill, Ponchogl),
81
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,145 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 217 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 217 | I was in La Grange this week ( yes ZZ Top's La Grange) and I decided to go into one of those old timey small town auto parts store. Looking at the Lisle display there it was the famous "Sneaky Pete". Well I just had to have it. I've read threads about this tool and since I plan to check the mains to see if I can squeeze them a bit more to get more oil pressure this may be a good time to check that rope seal.
I know this might open a pandoras box so I will examine before I go forth and replace the seal but at least I have the tool to get me in real trouble.
By the way it was only $8.00. I just think it is neat to have.
Rick..... | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Not many found around in the stores anymore. I've had mine since I owned the first AD back in 1971 (1950 pickup) They do work! | | | | | Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 81 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 81 | | | | | | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 1,517 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 1,517 | Iv still got mine in the orig. package. Bought it and used it around 1976,,paid for itself the first time. Still see them on the Lisle, or HELP rack once in a while. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | | | | | | | OLTrucks Unregistered | | OLTrucks Unregistered | | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | I also like the "chinese noose" type. Do I need to take a pic of it? Not sure what the proper name is. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 2,409 Former Workshop Owner | | Former Workshop Owner Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 2,409 | I had to have one, so I searched ebay and found one.
A new original still in the package was $11.09 with shipping.
Thanks for the tip.
John
~ J Lucas 2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6 2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s) 2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0 1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton 1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWBIn the Gallery My Flicker Photos! | | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,961 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,961 | The Lisle 2700 list price is only $10.99 and most auto parts still have them or can get them if you ask for them. And yes, they do work. I have saved lots of labor with GMC rope seals over the last 50 years. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,254 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,254 | What about the Steal the Car tool, Canadian Drink, and Pool Cue?
They are kind of "Sneaky Pete" Too
Dennis -there is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer-
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,997 Big Bolt Forum Co-moderator | | Big Bolt Forum Co-moderator Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,997 | I am not knowledgeable to know what one is, so I googled and found this site too. http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/kdt492.html A day without laughter is a day wasted- Charlie Chaplin When wrestling a grizzly bear, you have to keep at it until the bear gets tired, not when you get tired. 1948 Chevy 2-Ton | | | | | Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 578 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 578 | What's the difference between a Sneaky Pete and a Slim Jim. And I'm not talking about the pepperoni stick Slim Jim.
"Happiness equals reality minus expectations" - Tom Magliozzi
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 117 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 117 | Napa still sells them,ask for part number SER 492. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 1,780 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 1,780 | What's the difference between a Sneaky Pete and a Slim Jim. And I'm not talking about the pepperoni stick Slim Jim. After drinking 3 or 4 sneaky pete's you have to use a slim jim to retrieve your car keys after you locked them inside. | | |
| |