The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (jmoore, Peggy M, Jon G, John Dlugos, DadsFirstPickup, 1 invisible), 87 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,120
Posts1,056,325
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#729508 03/13/2011 4:45 PM
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 2
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 2
Here is my 1936 Chevy fuel truck. I had it many years stored away. When I semi-retired I decided to restore it. I did all the body & paint work & George (wrenchbender Ret.) did the mechanical work. It has the original 207 engine & 4 speed. 36 was the first year for hydraulic brakes on Chevs. It runs good but is slow. It has been in the All truck Nationals show in K.C. the last 2 years & local cruise nights. John Butner (Junkyarddog)

You can find John's pictures here. We have two for starters. Hopefully, we'll get some more and some additional story! Watch in the Gallery! ~ Peggy

Last edited by Peggy M; 04/11/2011 4:26 PM.

1936 Chev Fuel Truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

It's not junk -- it's merchandise!
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Welcome to the Stovebolt...and your hooked up with a good man in George!! I think maybe I remember your truck as I have been to the All Truck Nationals the past 4 years. Glad to have you as a member here as I know you have lots to share.

...hmmm, I think I'll go look at the last pictures..or do you have a link to your pics?


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,078
Authorized Pest
Authorized Pest
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,078
I just uploaded John's two truck pictures. Have a call into George C for some additional story to go with this truck! What a cool fuel truck!!! Hope we'll see this at the Reunion in Kansas City. smile

Thanks for George for interceding.

Peggy


~ Peggy M
1949 Chevrolet 3804
"Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship
In the Gallery
"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill
Peggy M #738275 04/11/2011 6:07 PM
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 186
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 186
Thats a beautiful truck you got there.. I was just down in KC a few weeks ago first time I have ever been down there.. Very nice city, lots of friendly people

CORPO #739423 04/15/2011 3:10 PM
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
Welcome John!
Beautiful truck. Love it. Congrats. I think old tank trucks are so cool. I worked for 10 years for a truck tank manufacturer in Illinois... are there any maker's marks on the tank itself? Any tags, or name plates? That could be a Progress.
FYI, in case you don't know: that cabinet on the rear is commonly called a "bucket box" or faucet enclosure. In the old days of home heating oil delivery they would hand carry 5 gallon buckets of fuel oil from the truck to the home tank. Later they added hose reels, pumps and meters.
Good luck with it.


Professional Novice

Moderated by  John Milliman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0