The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (Leo, wvstovebolt, SuperSport, Flint48, Red75bronco, 78buckshot, TUTS 59, 1 invisible), 85 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,129
Posts1,056,697
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#713223 01/19/2011 12:02 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 219
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 219
Anybody found a modern gas thank to use on an AD Panel with dual exhaust.

Last edited by laybacklenny; 01/19/2011 12:02 PM.

layback
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270

Sounds like you want a gas tank to match whatever dual exhausts you already have?

I have used two different styles of dual exhaust systems with a 235/261 and the stock fuel tank (47-55 panel body trucks).

Patrick's and Chevs of the 40s should have a dual exhaust system for use with a stock tank. Jim Carter used to have a dual-exhaust system that worked (but it did not fit well with a 4-speed transmission).

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
layback, do you have a muffler shop near by?? I recommend letting them custom build one. Put it on the rack and have a conversation with them. I am going to have the same problem and I plan to do what I recommend. A local guy has been doing this for over 30 years and does such a neat job on bending/routing ect. Won't hurt to take a look....and probably save you money.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 219
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 219
I should have mentioned that i have a Camaro front clip and 350-V8 engine. I have the perfect condition exhaust that came off the Camaro, it travel's down and close to each side of the driveshaft. The gas tank is what i don't have.


layback
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 219
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 219
Last cry for help.


layback
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 474
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 474
I have one for my 3100 from here http://www.rickstanks.com/

Its a tank for fuel injection but they have them for everything and custom made also.Or you could build your own also.


Stovebolt Gallery
1952 Chevy 3100
1953 Chevy 4400
1965 Nova
Pics on Photobucket

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0