The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Southerntruck, klhansen, Mike B, Robert Crandall, Peggy M), 103 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,118
Posts1,056,646
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 341
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 341
I ordered rear brake shoes for my '53 3100 from Classic Parts and got 4 shoes, all with full length pads. Based on the manual and many posts searched there should be primary and secondary shoes like the front. Am I correct and Classic is wrong? Just looking for a confirmation.


Allan
-----
1951 GMC 1/2-ton
Two 1953 Chevy 3100 5-window
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
you are correct.... And I might add that you can get the rear shoes from several suppliers. I got mine for the rear of my 52 1/2 ton panel from Advance Auto. Part # FR55
Send them back for credit and save yourself some money.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 341
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 341
Appreciate that Alvin. I'll send them back, unfortunately it's been over 30 days so it will be for an in-store credit. I'm sure I'll need some other parts that's not as easy to screw up the order on.


Allan
-----
1951 GMC 1/2-ton
Two 1953 Chevy 3100 5-window
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
You could use those shoes but I don't really like their brake shoe's. Ive had the best luck with Carquest drum brakes.
My shop is close to Classic parts. If you ever want me to look at something before you order it let me know.
George


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 341
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 341
Thanks George. I called them and pointed out the mistake and they are sending me a new set and will pay postage to send the old ones back. At least they are fixing it, but from now on I'll check local first.


Allan
-----
1951 GMC 1/2-ton
Two 1953 Chevy 3100 5-window
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 554
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 554
It is too bad someone made a mistake but it happens. I think they are doing about everything they can to fix the mistake. I know it is frustrating to be the one with wrong or bad parts, it probably has or will happen to all of us.

Chuck

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 341
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 341
I just got the second set of brake shoes and they are the same ones...AGAIN! First time a mistake, second time incompetence. This is very frustrating and I will be calling first thing in the morning.


Allan
-----
1951 GMC 1/2-ton
Two 1953 Chevy 3100 5-window
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Originally Posted by Achipmunk
you are correct.... And I might add that you can get the rear shoes from several suppliers. I got mine for the rear of my 52 1/2 ton panel from Advance Auto. Part # FR55
Send them back for credit and save yourself some money.

I feel for you. Went to Hardee's this morning and ordered a Bacon/egg/cheese biscuit and the lady ask me "do you want cheese on that".....duh


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0