The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (3B, Bill Hanlon, TooMany2count, Otto Skorzeny, Peggy M, GDW, 1 invisible), 114 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,139
Posts1,056,460
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#70398 12/21/2006 4:23 PM
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 442
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 442
Noticed a vendor on eBay, PartsAmerican, or Oldtimeparts, Duluth, MN. They have a brake line kit for older chevy trucks, up to 1951. The kit contains all the lines, with fittings etc for about $25 plus shipping, anyone have any experience with this vendor, say they have been in business since 1943 or so.. Mike

Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 96
V
'Bolter
'Bolter
V Offline
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 96
Sorry, no experience with that vendor, but I'd be skeptical at that price! I paid $125 or so for a full stainless kit a few years ago. You might not need that in Texas, though.
Oh, I just looked at their website and didn't see hard lines, just hoses...is that what you are looking at?


1959 3200 Apache Fleetside
In the Legacy Gallery
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
they have some items on ebay that are 'complete metal line kits' [didn't see the one for Chev trucks] ... just the bundle of tubing with ends, you bend to fit ... prolly about the same as you'd get from your local auto parts place

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 442
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 442
Looks like the one for sale on ebay is all straight line, supposedly you can bend the angles and curves yourself, which I would be leary of doing, afraid of crimping a line, just thought I'd ask around. Wonder how much a local repair shop would cost to make new lines, cheaper than ordering a set from a dealer? Mike

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,158
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,158
I got my 1946 3/4 ton stainless steel brake line set from Classic Tube .

None of the normal vendors had the pattern, and my shipping the old set somewhere was going to be an interesting proposition. grin


~#~#~#~#~
1946 Chevrolet 3600 - "Old Number Seven"

Cavalry's Here. Cavalry's a frightened guy with a rock, but it's here.
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 920
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 920
Bending new brake lines is easy. I used them to carry hot water to my intake. I just bought a $10. tubing bender. I ruined a couple of $3. pieces practicing, but ended up making it look pretty. The flaring kit was borrowed from a neighbor. I hand painted the lines with "stainless" coating and I think they look good. It's the only time I've ever done it. I'm not an auto mechanic. My point is that if I can do it, anyone can. http://rides.webshots.com/photo/1360112016071636143VuNhEt


1962 Fleetside 4spd 235 w/O.D. posi 3:90
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1990 Subaru Legacy Wagon AWD 2.2 5sp
2013 Ram Tradesman C/V
My Webshot Photos]

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0