The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Hotrod Lincoln, 1955 1 Series, Stovebolt48, Gray_Ghost), 103 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,120
Posts1,056,319
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#70167 12/17/2006 12:00 AM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 874
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 874
Yet another post on the beaten to death subject of the 67-72 4.10 pumpkin swap into an AD...bear with me.
At the junkyard today I ran across a '69 or so
1 ton C-30 chassis and cab with Open Road frame mounted camper body. Looked like a cool rig in it's day, by the way. It is a factory automatic truck. What are the chances of this having 4.10s?
The tag on the inside of the glove box was painted over, so I couldn't get any info from that. It didn't have rear wheels on it and was sitting on the axle. I couldn't turn the axle to try and count pinion/axle revolutions or pull the cover very easily to count ring gear teeth. Plus the yard was closing and I had to leave.
Maybe somebody out there would know if there's a good chance on finding 4.10s in this thing because it's an automatic? If so, I'll probably go back and pull it out.


Steve

'49 3800
'52 3600
'57 3100

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
The story that I have been told is that it has to be a 3/4 Ton wwith an automatic.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
My book says a C30 could come with a 6.17, 5.14, 4.57 or a 4.10 rear, but doesn't specific which trans. comes with which ratio. There's also no guarantee that the rear hasn't been changed or special ordered, I would check the ratio myself if at all possible,
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0