Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,271 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 4 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 4 | I'd like to know what some of you think...looking to to moderate restoration on 54 truck. What parts company would you recommend for good quality and fitment? I'm bouncing between Golden State Parts, Brothers, and Classic Parts(Chevy Duty). Thanks for the input.
Johnny | | | | | Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 239 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 239 | Johnny one of the nice things about this website is it has a signifcant list of Links to all kinds of vendors. Check it out. I have had good luck with all the one's you have listed. Dale
Last edited by di1953gmc; 12/06/2010 6:48 PM.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car. -Unknown-
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 3,596 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 3,596 | You will find many parts come from the same manufacturer but things like service and shipping charges make a difference. Some like Jim Carter offer discounts to forum users. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 35 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 35 | I have only ever ordered from classicparts. They have good customer service. Prices are great and quality is good. Except I don't know much about their metal, I don't deal with repro metal anyway. They do charge 10% of order shipping, so if you order 100 dollars worth of product your shipping is $10, kinda good, kinda bad. I have spent alot of money on shipping.
Their website is the best I think. I love their catalog too.
But I am definitely believe every distributor prolly has a pro and con. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 1,517 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 1,517 | I have only ever ordered from classicparts. They have good customer service. Prices are great and quality is good. Except I don't know much about their metal, I don't deal with repro metal anyway. They do charge 10% of order shipping, so if you order 100 dollars worth of product your shipping is $10, kinda good, kinda bad. I have spent alot of money on shipping.
Their website is the best I think. I love their catalog too.
But I am definitely believe every distributor prolly has a pro and con. If youre dealing with any of the distributors, youre dealing with repro metal | | | | | Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 15 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 15 | What about LMC? Classic Parts, Jim Carter and LMC are all in Kansas City, so I don't have to mess with mail order, but LMC is litterally, less than 10 minutes away. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 4 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 4 | Thanks to all of you who answered....learned about Jim Carter parts...always something new to learn! | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 Socket Breaker | | Socket Breaker Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 | Review Board Conduct...Read before you post You may use the Review Board to give your opinion on a product, a supplier or service provider. You may post to agree or disagree with someone's opinion. You may NOT post just to voice your opinion of the person themselves. Review Board @ 67-72chevytrucks.com site That is a good place to check up on recent customer service, quality of parts... etc.. -W | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 | Also, try American Classic Truck Parts . They are a major site sponsor and offer most of the parts you need and are quick on delivery. I only have had one order delayed and they contacted me immediately about that. Give them a call.
Drew
| | |
| |