The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Hotrod Lincoln), 162 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,269
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#701317 12/06/2010 6:12 PM
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 4
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 4
I'd like to know what some of you think...looking to to moderate restoration on 54 truck. What parts company would you recommend for good quality and fitment? I'm bouncing between Golden State Parts, Brothers, and Classic Parts(Chevy Duty). Thanks for the input.

Johnny

Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 239
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 239
Johnny

one of the nice things about this website is it has a signifcant list of
Links to all kinds of vendors.

Check it out.

I have had good luck with all the one's you have listed.

Dale

Last edited by di1953gmc; 12/06/2010 6:48 PM.

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
-Unknown-
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
You will find many parts come from the same manufacturer but things like service and shipping charges make a difference. Some like Jim Carter offer discounts to forum users.

Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 35
9
New Guy
New Guy
9 Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 35
I have only ever ordered from classicparts. They have good customer service. Prices are great and quality is good. Except I don't know much about their metal, I don't deal with repro metal anyway. They do charge 10% of order shipping, so if you order 100 dollars worth of product your shipping is $10, kinda good, kinda bad. I have spent alot of money on shipping.

Their website is the best I think. I love their catalog too.

But I am definitely believe every distributor prolly has a pro and con.


51' 3100 s10swap, 350, 5 speed, patina
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=382481

49' GMC 3100 future project

55.1' chevy future project

54' 6400 chevy dump truck all original

63' c-10 future project
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,517
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,517
Originally Posted by 99 to Life
I have only ever ordered from classicparts. They have good customer service. Prices are great and quality is good. Except I don't know much about their metal, I don't deal with repro metal anyway. They do charge 10% of order shipping, so if you order 100 dollars worth of product your shipping is $10, kinda good, kinda bad. I have spent alot of money on shipping.

Their website is the best I think. I love their catalog too.

But I am definitely believe every distributor prolly has a pro and con.

If youre dealing with any of the distributors, youre dealing with repro metal

Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 15
K
New Guy
New Guy
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 15
What about LMC? Classic Parts, Jim Carter and LMC are all in Kansas City, so I don't have to mess with mail order, but LMC is litterally, less than 10 minutes away.


Willie
'72 Highlander

Swamp Angel Truckers
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 4
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 4
Thanks to all of you who answered....learned about Jim Carter parts...always something new to learn!

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893

Review Board Conduct...Read before you post

You may use the Review Board to give your opinion on a product, a supplier or service provider.

You may post to agree or disagree with someone's opinion.

You may NOT post just to voice your opinion of the person themselves.


Review Board @ 67-72chevytrucks.com site

That is a good place to check up on recent customer service, quality of parts... etc..

-W

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
Also, try American Classic Truck Parts . They are a major site sponsor and offer most of the parts you need and are quick on delivery. I only have had one order delayed and they contacted me immediately about that. Give them a call.


Drew

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0