Hey all, this is an update for my
1965 Chevy that's in the Stovebolt Gallery. Well, when I got the truck I thought it would be finished in one year, it will be Five years in February! Much has changed over these 4 years, I'll give you guys a quick background.
After graduating high school and not getting into the Furniture School I applied to, I began work as a finish carpenter for a small construction company. Working full time left very little time to work on my truck, so not much was done during this time. After working almost 2 years, the economy went and in march 2009 I was laid off. I looked at it as an opportunitty to finish my truck, and I said I wouldn't accept full time work untill it was finished.
I have kept that promise and have completed lots of work. Come summer of 2010 my parents said the truck had to be out of the garage by september, but i knew that wasnt enough time for me to complete the truck working out of our small garage. So I started renting one of the garages of a friend of mine who has some property. Its 40 minute drive from home, but its been worth it to have all the space I need to work on the truck.
I still have done
all the work myself, except I decided to have the rest of the body panels sandblasted to save time, it was worth it.
As of now the cab is 90% finished. I have done all the painting myself, came out pretty good. Cab and engine is all rewired with reproduction wire harness, and I just put in new brake and fuel lines. Just need to put in glass and rebuild the steering column and hook up shift linkage and the cab will be done. Im waiting on the bed, its at the sandblaster now, it should be back at the end of the week. Then I'll do the little body work required on the bed, and paint. Should be all together and on the road around 5 year anniversary in february 2011! I cannot wait, I have never even driven this thing. She'll be as stock as the day she was knew, except I upgraded to discs in the fron, with brake booster.
This picture shows her as she sits now.
She currently has big 15x8 chevy 4x4 rallies with 33" mud terrains that I'll be swapping for some 16x6 smoothies with original size tires.
Here's one showing the interior and reupholstered seat as of 4 weeks ago:
The
instrument cluster repainted and polished.
And
one last one to show those nice straight lines.
-Joel