The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Hotrod Lincoln, 2-Ton, Hugh63c10, Oswald, CuzzFuzz, 1955 1 Series), 61 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,353
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#692752 11/07/2010 2:47 PM
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 66
A
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 66
Hello all!
I installed a soft rubber gasket on my cowl vent opening. I know I have it installed correctly but I'm not happy with it. It makes the cowl vent sit a little higher than I like. Does anyone know of a better gasket? Also where can I find the correct shoulder bolts for the vent bracket?
Thank you! APV

Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,224
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,224
Give the gasket a little time, it should smash down a little letting the door set flush. I think you have to make the shoulder bolts yourself.

Joe

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
APV60...first you said SOFT rubber gasket so it may lay down like Joe suggest. BUT, I put a rubber gasket on my 37 10 years ago and it has yet to lay down. Its always up a bit. So, I ordered me one that is either a foam type or cork....can't remember as its been laying on a shelf for a long time. Maybe I'll change it this winter??


Last edited by cletis; 11/08/2010 2:28 AM. Reason: Removed parts offer

1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 66
A
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 66
Thank you both for the response.

Last edited by cletis; 11/08/2010 2:29 AM. Reason: Removed response to parts offer
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
If its any consolation, mine sticks up as well....been almost 3 years with no settlement. I have a spare - perhaps I will try cutting it down a little.


1940 Chevy KC 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
T
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
T Online: Content
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
The new gasket on my 38 fits perfectly. I wonder what the difference is since they are the same. Hmmmmm.


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Tiny #693218 11/08/2010 11:42 PM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Tiny, I bought the one that we're complaining about long time ago. Plain simply fact is the rubber gasket I got then was, and still is, to THICK and to HARD. As I mentioned earlier, I have another but just have not put it on.

It was "advetised" back then as better than the old cork ones but hey, better is not always better!!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0