| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (FAST55, Shaffer's1950, John Dlugos, Ponchogl, F100Ranger, Otto Skorzeny, Gdads51, TexasJim50, 1 invisible),
73
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,131 Posts1,056,372 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 19 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 19 | My name is Anton Shomshor. I just returned stateside to WA after being stationed on Guam for 3 years (active Navy). Once I got to Seattle, I decided to buy a house and thought I would need a truck to help with any remodeling. I've got a '09 Jeep Wrangler 2dr, '55 Cadillac and an '01 Ducati - nothing that can haul plywood or fence posts. I figured that if I was going to get a pickup I should at least get a classy one... so I searched the web for a bit and fell in love with the Advance Design styling. Found this '51 6500 sitting in Burlington, WA for $1650. The cab was brush painted in 3 different colors, but at least there wasn't a whole lot of rot and rust. Engine also started up after a few tries. It's got a dump bed that I think I'm going to dump. Pun intended. Or maybe just set aside for the time being. I'll do the body work and paint myself. Get her up to a 12 volt system and build the flat bed with some wood milled off my godfather's farm. I want it have a few amenities like a classic parts AM/FM radio, but otherwise look stock. Color scheme will also be custom in commemoration of my late Grandfather's dairy farm. Picture Gallery shomshor@u.washington.edu
Last edited by J Lucas; 01/02/2011 3:30 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | shom, that looks like a really straight truck. Congrats on your find. Keep us posted. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 2,987 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 2,987 | I'd agree with Joe on the hoist. If it works, I'd leave it on there. If it saves you shoveling off even one load of dirt, it will be worth it. You might be surprised how often you'll use it. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 19 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 19 | I'm convinced; The dump bed is a keeper. But the dump frame will have to be rebuilt though, the PO wasn't much of a welder... I've also decided to shorten the wheel base from 179 inches to 137. There's just no room in the city for such a long truck. | | |
| |
| |