The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Otto Skorzeny, greenie-reddy, Hush, Hotrod Lincoln, 1 invisible), 175 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,227
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#666878 08/01/2010 6:23 PM
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 10
R
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 10
I am recently retired and new to restoration. My son-in-law purchased a 61 Chevy PU with a hot rod motor and has asked me to do some repairs,restorations and modifications (new disc brake system - my biggest challenge). Stovebolt seems to be a large resource of information and I hope I do not make a pest of myself asking a lot of questions.

Redo #666883 08/01/2010 6:42 PM
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
Welcome aboard, and ask away. Lots of free and good information is available from our guys on here.

Edit: and Gals, I always forget to give credit to them.

Last edited by FriedGreenTmater; 08/01/2010 6:43 PM.

1953 Chevrolet 3600
Fried Green T'mater (Vern)
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Caution: Political Statement
Man who runs in front of car gets tired, man who runs behind car gets exhausted.
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Joy Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Welcome Redo, Glad you found us and as FriedGT said, Ask away. Some one will sure to be able to help.

Joy #667101 08/02/2010 1:57 PM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
WElcome to the Bolt Redo. Sounds like some fun projects. Around here there is no such thing as silly or stupid questions or I would have been thrown out long time ago smile We're here to help and you'll find lots of good advice/knowledge and great guys...and gals here!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 10
R
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 10
Thanks guys and gals - just knowing you are there for advice makes me feel a whole lot better - I will need plenty of it - Thanks again

Redo #667128 08/02/2010 4:02 PM
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 137
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 137
Welcome to Stovebolt! That will be a nice project.


"Save your's or someone else's Grandfather's CLASSIC TRUCK"
1934 1.5-Ton Big Bolts ~ Gallery page https://www.facebook.com/Grizzle-Vintage-Parts-1446215762368948/
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome redo.

Leo


Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0