| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,139 Posts1,056,462 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 91 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 91 | When I bought my 1949 Chevy pick up it was disassembled and now I have the frame prepared. I now have the front fenders ready to install but don't know how they are bolted to the frame is there a diagram or book that shows this or anyone that can help?
Thanks
Bennie | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 | They bolt to the radiator support and the cab. No direct connection to the frame that I can remember. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 53 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 53 | Bennie, both the factory assembly manual, and the shop manual will be of great value to you. they are both available from many of the parts venders.
John 50' chevy 3100 shortbed
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 649 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 649 | I'd suggest bolting the inner aprons to the cowl, don't tighten any bolts leave them finger tight. You'll see where the fenders bolt to the apron and cowl. Note the radiator support goes in last, and don't forget the "inner" fender braces. Once you have it put togeather start lining up sheet metal and tighten bolts. Do you still have the cowl to fender adjustment rods. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 | OK, if you bought it in pieces,then you might want to kmow that the driver's side inner fender does not bolt directly to the cab. It bolts to a bracket which in turn bolts to the cab. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | yakimaowtie... mine was in pieces to and I've been "fitting" my inner fenders ect and found that the radiator support seems to work better if it goes in first...as the inner fenders ect attach to it..... have I miss read this or am I just plain going at it the wrong way? I think this has been addressed here before but I can't find the post...at least not yet. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 52 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 52 | Bennie, It's not hard at all, but will take a bit to figure since you didn't take it apart. Not sure if pickups are the same, but my 4400 has a fender support that bolts to the radiator support (with the inner fender in between) that supports the fender by the wheel opening. start with the rad support, then the inners, then the fenders. Like the man said, keep all bolts loose.
Anyway, I have pictures of my assembly, if I can help just e-mail me. Rick.
Last edited by topcat; 06/28/2010 2:28 AM.
| | |
| |
| |