The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (Southerntruck, Ponchogl, Otto Skorzeny, Bill Hanlon, 1955 1 Series, fonz8261, 2 invisible), 124 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#645175 05/10/2010 10:22 PM
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 31
1
Apprentice
Apprentice
1 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 31
Hey,
I was wondering if any of you have a picture of your truck without running boards attachted,im thinking farther down the line and wondering if i should keep them or not. The ones ive got are pretty un-usable and wanted to know what my truck would look like with out them.
Thanks,

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 419
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 419
Hey 1953mn!

Have you checked out the Gallery? LOTS of pics! I recall seeing different years of AD's without running boards.

Good luck to ya.


Dave
The Blue Funk: a '51 3100 4 OTF with a '57 235
In the Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644


Woody
Your Brother in Bolthood

My 1951 half-ton 'Ol Red

Save the VINTAGE DOOR ART! Please contribute photos.
Door Art Collection
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 419
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 419
Woody, Wow! Talk about your cancer survivors!

Maybe this will give 1953mn some hope.


Dave
The Blue Funk: a '51 3100 4 OTF with a '57 235
In the Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
1953mn,personally I would try and source some good second hand running boards.
I imagine they serve a function other than trapping dirt and rusting!
Or follow Czechman's lead and repair yours,are yours really bad?

Personally speaking, I think leaving them off would be a bad idea,apart from allowing rocks,dirt and other debris up the sides of the bed and rear fenders,it would upset the look/proportions of the truck.JMO.


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 25
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 25
Nice job Woody! Lots more fun to bring something back from the dead than to just order one of everything from a catalog.


1949 Chevy 3100
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix

I gave my mother great trouble but I think she liked it. ~ Mark Twain
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 31
1
Apprentice
Apprentice
1 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 31
yea ive checked the gallery but didnt want to sift them all, Ive seen a few pictures of trucks without them but that was awhile back before i got a truck. and believe it or not woody mine are. i wish i had a picture but i dont, they are rusted to the point of almost splitting in half,the PO must have stored them in a lake or something and the slash apron (I think its called that)isnt really anything at this point. Ive never really thought about them keeping rocks and stuff from hitting the bed. but now that you mention it, they seem like something i should have.So I think il try to fix them somehow or buy some used ones ive still got a long time before they really have to be addressed so il keep my eye out for some.

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 547
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 547
I had the ones on my 58' off for a little while because I was working on the rear springs and you have to remove them. I thought it looked pretty mean without them. To quote the bus driver in Slap Shot, "Makin' it look mean!" I have put them back on of course, but it did look kinda cool.


58' 3200 235 3-speed/OD

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 5
L
New Guy
New Guy
L Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 5
I agree with jockbolter. 1950's Stude's did not have them and look like they are missing something. On my '51 3100 which is a daily driver, I use the things to get stuff in and out of the bed. Also I live on a dirt road so it limits rock damage and mud on the body in winter.

Joe

Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 252
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 252
Nice job Woody, I have two sets for a 1946 and they all need work. How about I send mine to you? Where did yo get your patch panels?

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
No thanks, but I will tell you that I got the patch panels from Jim Carter.


Woody
Your Brother in Bolthood

My 1951 half-ton 'Ol Red

Save the VINTAGE DOOR ART! Please contribute photos.
Door Art Collection
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
I have one left off my panel but its probably not worth the shipping cost!!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0