Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,266 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 31 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 31 | Hey, I was wondering if any of you have a picture of your truck without running boards attachted,im thinking farther down the line and wondering if i should keep them or not. The ones ive got are pretty un-usable and wanted to know what my truck would look like with out them. Thanks, | | | | | Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 419 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 419 | Hey 1953mn!
Have you checked out the Gallery? LOTS of pics! I recall seeing different years of AD's without running boards.
Good luck to ya. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 2,644 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 2,644 | | | | | | Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 419 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 419 | Woody, Wow! Talk about your cancer survivors!
Maybe this will give 1953mn some hope. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 | 1953mn,personally I would try and source some good second hand running boards. I imagine they serve a function other than trapping dirt and rusting! Or follow Czechman's lead and repair yours,are yours really bad?
Personally speaking, I think leaving them off would be a bad idea,apart from allowing rocks,dirt and other debris up the sides of the bed and rear fenders,it would upset the look/proportions of the truck.JMO. 1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in ScotlandIn the Stovebolt GalleryMore pix on Flickr. I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 25 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 25 | Nice job Woody! Lots more fun to bring something back from the dead than to just order one of everything from a catalog. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 31 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 31 | yea ive checked the gallery but didnt want to sift them all, Ive seen a few pictures of trucks without them but that was awhile back before i got a truck. and believe it or not woody mine are. i wish i had a picture but i dont, they are rusted to the point of almost splitting in half,the PO must have stored them in a lake or something and the slash apron (I think its called that)isnt really anything at this point. Ive never really thought about them keeping rocks and stuff from hitting the bed. but now that you mention it, they seem like something i should have.So I think il try to fix them somehow or buy some used ones ive still got a long time before they really have to be addressed so il keep my eye out for some. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 547 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 547 | I had the ones on my 58' off for a little while because I was working on the rear springs and you have to remove them. I thought it looked pretty mean without them. To quote the bus driver in Slap Shot, "Makin' it look mean!" I have put them back on of course, but it did look kinda cool.
58' 3200 235 3-speed/OD
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 5 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 5 | I agree with jockbolter. 1950's Stude's did not have them and look like they are missing something. On my '51 3100 which is a daily driver, I use the things to get stuff in and out of the bed. Also I live on a dirt road so it limits rock damage and mud on the body in winter.
Joe | | | | | Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 252 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 252 | Nice job Woody, I have two sets for a 1946 and they all need work. How about I send mine to you? Where did yo get your patch panels? | | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 2,644 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 2,644 | No thanks, but I will tell you that I got the patch panels from Jim Carter. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | I have one left off my panel but its probably not worth the shipping cost!! | | |
| |