The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (3B, Bill Hanlon, TooMany2count, Otto Skorzeny, Peggy M, GDW, 1 invisible), 114 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,139
Posts1,056,460
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#621549 02/19/2010 7:51 PM
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 111
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 111
I have a 1957 3200 truck.
I want to replace my drum brake hardware (springs) Been to Napa, Advance Auto and Auto Zone to no avail. Are these available to purchase anywhere? I found that I can purchase the hold-down springs, but none of the others.
Any suggestions??
Thanks - John (Va)

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
Napa catalog shows part number 80304 for the return springs. They don't show a number for the holdown kits but they do for 61-63. They are the same size brakes as the 57. I don't know why they wouldn't work. The specialty suppiers have them also but I think you can get them locally.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 277
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 277
When in the early 60's did they go to self adjusting brakes. Self adjusters would use a different hold down spring on one side.

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
1964 was the first year for the self adjusters. That's why I don't know why 61-63 wouldn't work.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
.... Advance Auto may let you go and look through the kits they have. I work part time there so it was no trouble for me. I went through a few sets and found one that had just what I wanted.
Perhaps you can do the same.... an if fact I believe a year or so ago the kit I ended up with for my 52 was actually for a 55-57..... until recently their computer would list stuff from about 54 or 55 up..... I guess they "upgraded" it since them!!

EDIT: I'm not sure but this may be the number for the hardwared kit...413841 TruTorquue.
As info the rear brake shoe # for Advance for a 52 model is FR55... an dohter years I believe.

Last edited by Achipmunk; 02/21/2010 4:16 AM.

1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0