| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
4 members (Otto Skorzeny, Tiny, 2 invisible),
100
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,142 Posts1,056,478 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 111 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 111 | I have a 1957 3200 truck. I want to replace my drum brake hardware (springs) Been to Napa, Advance Auto and Auto Zone to no avail. Are these available to purchase anywhere? I found that I can purchase the hold-down springs, but none of the others. Any suggestions?? Thanks - John (Va) | | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | Napa catalog shows part number 80304 for the return springs. They don't show a number for the holdown kits but they do for 61-63. They are the same size brakes as the 57. I don't know why they wouldn't work. The specialty suppiers have them also but I think you can get them locally. They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 277 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 277 | When in the early 60's did they go to self adjusting brakes. Self adjusters would use a different hold down spring on one side. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | 1964 was the first year for the self adjusters. That's why I don't know why 61-63 wouldn't work. They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | .... Advance Auto may let you go and look through the kits they have. I work part time there so it was no trouble for me. I went through a few sets and found one that had just what I wanted. Perhaps you can do the same.... an if fact I believe a year or so ago the kit I ended up with for my 52 was actually for a 55-57..... until recently their computer would list stuff from about 54 or 55 up..... I guess they "upgraded" it since them!!
EDIT: I'm not sure but this may be the number for the hardwared kit...413841 TruTorquue. As info the rear brake shoe # for Advance for a 52 model is FR55... an dohter years I believe.
Last edited by Achipmunk; 02/21/2010 4:16 AM.
| | |
| |
| |