The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 80 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,292
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#621463 02/19/2010 3:51 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
Is there a national chain autoparts store for sourcing new front and/or rear brake drums for my stock '50 3100? NAPA web says they don't carry them. I'd like to pay less then JC and others sell them for.(About $100 per drum!) I can't find any on RockAuto either.Any suggestions?


Drew
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Drew, when they say they do not "carry them" does that also mean they cannot order them?? I'd get a "second opinion" from a couple different places.
You should also try CarQuest and if you find a good parts man at Advance Auto they have a PAPER catalog they can get stuff from.
Is there an OLD parts place thats been in business for years that you can go to?
I know I have seen them somewhere else but I can't remember the name or where I wrote it down.. If I do I'll give you a shout. Are you in a hurry??


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 45
F
New Guy
New Guy
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 45
I live in Round Rock,TX and my Napa told me they could get them out of Houston,TX for $45.00

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
Thanks guys. I only did an unsuccessful web search, so I'll follow your advice and stop in to a couple of local places and see what they can tell me.


Drew
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,805
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,805
Find an independent parts store that's been in business for a lot of years, and look for the guy with gray hair,(or no hair!) Chances are he can still read a paper catalog and cross-reference a few numbers! I'm sure there are still some old stock parts floating around in a parts warehouse somewhere, gathering dust!
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,254
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,254
I wish you were closer. I have some you can have. I switched from these hucks to bendix and have the old stuff.


Dennis
-there is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer-
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 461
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 461
Local NAPA guys here can order about most anything brake wise you will need. Usually comes in the next day.


1951 restoration on website
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.hanklong.com
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
If you find a source for new front drums (up to 1950) let us know. And part number too. I have yet to find a set except those exceptionally high priced ones from our favourite after market suppliers.


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Sedgewick"
In the Gallery
1989 Caprice

Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0