The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 91 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,127
Posts1,056,680
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#609225 01/11/2010 10:50 PM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 544
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 544
Well, over the weekend, I was finally able to join the club. I purchased a 1949 Chevrolet One Ton dually. So now instead of being a bystander absorbing information, I can be an active participant asking questions that I have personal experience with.

Thanks to all who have helped previously, and thanks in advance to all those who will help in the future.

Pictures here:

http://s422.photobucket.com/albums/...800%20One%20Ton%20Flatbed%20Restoration/

Last edited by aggie jon; 01/12/2010 3:17 PM.
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,186
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,186
Well.....it's about time. Where are the pictures!

Bruce


My Trucks
Stuff I Collect
If it doesn't matter if you win or loose.......why do they keep score?
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
aggie jon, looks like a good catch you made there. Now the real fun begins. We're here. Just let us know when you need some help... or counseling smile

Be sure to take plenty of pictures, and post here!!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 544
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 544
I told my wife that this is my counseling! I am going to try to get it to crank and run tomorrow. Lets hope so.

Its pretty well together. Biggest things that I can see are a pretty nice crinkle vertically in the cab pillar between the door and the front fender. The other is the cab roof. Its got some pretty good sized dents. Beyond that, the wood on the flatbed is still in good shape. Looks to be original.

She looks like she was used on a farm for 61 years. So nothing out of the ordinary.

Beyond that, I think it is going to need a vacuum canister. The one that is there is pretty rotted out. Any ideas on where to find one, or what will make a good replacement? Or how to fix the one that I have. Its got lots of pinholes. I'm avoiding the urge to install an empty folgers coffee can.

This weekend I'll try and take some detailed pictures from all angles. Then get them uploaded. So glad to finally be a part of the "cool kids"!

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 544
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 544
Added some new pics tonight. Link is in first post.

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,186
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,186
Nice truck! Dents in the roof of a farm truck are pretty common. What's the vacuum canister for?

Bruce


My Trucks
Stuff I Collect
If it doesn't matter if you win or loose.......why do they keep score?
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 544
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 544
I have no idea. It is about 4" in diameter, 12" tall, mounts high on the passenger firewall, and hoses go through the firewall and under the dash. Maybe its not a vacuum canister. Maybe something for the heater? Haven't torn into it yet to see where it goes. hmmm. I'll get a picture to share w/ you guys.

Yeah, the roof has been a landing pad for numerous square bales, bags of feed, a good place to take a nap while waiting for another load of grain from the combine.


Moderated by  Dusty53 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0