Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (Gray_Ghost, Chip O),
62
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,129 Posts1,056,695 Members48,452 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2007 Posts: 457 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2007 Posts: 457 | Just found a local truck and I'm thinking about buying it. Let me know what you think. It's a '41 GMC that is owned by the original owners son and has always been shed kept. It is complete and original, right down to the floor mat and headliner. There is one spot of rust on the passenger fender near the running board and some on the chrome grill, where it sticks out past the shed roof. There is no other rust that I can see, besides minor surface rust. Even the floorboard and cab corners are rust free. The owners father died in the 50's and the truck was parked soon after. The last inspection was in 1963. It has a 228 engine that may or may not be frozen. Check out the door art that shows a phone number of 35. The owner is asking $2,250; what do you think? 1941 GMC Thanks, George | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | Might be a nice truck, but for sitting that long and considering the rust visible in the pictures I think the price is high. I've got a feeling you can go west and drag home a rust free version in better shape for the same or less money total. But then again I haven't researched and priced any early 40's trucks lately.
Grigg | | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,733 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,733 | Personally I think it is a deal. The ones I've seen in CO were in no better shape, generally not as complete and priced as much. He is probably wanting about $2K so offer him $1800 and start hagglin'.
What impresses me is the history, the great old arrow style rear directional lamps and the checkered steel pedals. I had forgotten about those. I think it's a deal. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 975 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 975 | little bolt for sale in MN I know the price is not that close, but just thought I'd throw out what little bolt GMC is going for in MN these days. The one on the link does not have the character of the one you are looking at though. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 12 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 12 | I have to agree with Grigg - pretty steep. I have a '46 1/2 ton with NO rust and almost running for sale for $950. Just need to get the starter back in and fire it up. Starter needed some cleaning up to work properly, but it cranked enough to fire with some gas down the carb. http://www.induninw.com/Cars/DSC04912.JPGAnyway, price is always what the market will pay, and if it's what you're looking for you should not let it go. Brian | | | | | Joined: Apr 2007 Posts: 457 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2007 Posts: 457 | Thanks for the feedback guys. I've been on the lookout for an AD COE, but this truck jumped up in my face. I already have enough projects, so I'm ignorant for even looking at this one.
The thing about this truck that "trips my trigger", is that it is a local truck. The middle school that my youngest son goes to is named after the family that owns it (Hillyard). It was from the Cootes Store area of Broadway, which is about a mile from my home in the sticks and is where my Grandmother went to an old one-room school. I'm sure my grandparents knew this truck and its owner well.
I still haven't decided, but the more I think about it, the more likely I am of buying it. Maybe somebody local will buy it and let me off the hook.
Thanks again, George | | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 Camp Commandant | | Camp Commandant Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 | I think you should get it. The price isn't bad especially with the local history and I'm sure the guy has a little wiggle room.
Plus that would make at least 3 new trucks to the ODSSin just a few weeks!!!!
Billy | | | | | Joined: Apr 2007 Posts: 457 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2007 Posts: 457 | Billy,
You need to stop being an enabler, or I'm going to tell my wife where you live!
After long consideration, I've decided not to buy the truck (for now). As much as I'd like to have it, I want to be like my little brother Billy-Jack and own a COE. I'll post some info in the "For Sale" section. If anybody is interested, let me know and I'll pass on the contact info. The owner is a great guy and he told me he has the original title and bill of sale.
Thanks to all for the feedback, George | | | | | Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 8 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 8 | If anyone knows where I can find a couple of wheels just like the ones on this truck, I could use them. [email protected] | | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,144 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,144 | When you consider the cost of going to get a vehicle out of the midwest the price isn't too far out. But if it's not what you are looking for you're proably not going to be as satisfied.
Last edited by kb3csw; 11/27/2009 2:40 PM.
| | |
| |