The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (IHPWR, David Bush, Gdads51), 130 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,142
Posts1,056,472
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#555957 07/16/2009 12:54 AM
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
I put a new master cylinder on my 37. Does anyone have a good rule of thumb on how full of brake fluid the two chambers need to be to function correctly. Is 1/2" from the top too full? What would you suggest?
Thanks!


"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!"
My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.
Operators are standing by to take your calls!
Now cruising in the Passing Lane
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
That's probably about right, you could even go about 1/4" and be fine.

Last edited by LONGBOX55; 07/16/2009 2:04 AM.

Bill Burmeister
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,756
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,756
Anyammount you can get in them without spilling over.

Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 143
G
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 143
Where did you get a duel? I have a 36 and would like to upgrade-- would yours work?
Glenn

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
It would probably work, Glenn. There was a lot of construction work to build a new mount for a dual master cylinder. I did it in conjuction with installation of a T-5 five speed transmission. Definitely a project.


"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!"
My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.
Operators are standing by to take your calls!
Now cruising in the Passing Lane
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 143
G
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 143
Hi Joe, Would it be possible to mount it in the original position and avoid some of the problems?

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
That's what I did. The hardest part of the build up is getting the brake pedal geometry correct. I used some parts from another truck to do a mock up and it took me several days to convince myself that I had it right. Even at that, I still had to adjust at final installation.


"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!"
My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.
Operators are standing by to take your calls!
Now cruising in the Passing Lane
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 54
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 54
Take a look at the brace fabricated that attaches at the original location. Have some pics at: http://community.webshots.com/user/crowsgmc
Not adding a booster, the MC is new aftermarket for a 1968 bel air from autozone here in AZ. Keeping drum/drum as I have a 1 ton.
Eric


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0