| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,227 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 45 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 45 | Can anyone suggest where I can find new retainer clips for the pivot pins found on drum brakes on a 6400 2 ton? | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 1,186 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 1,186 | I would think a good hardware store should have them. Take one as a reference.
Bruce | | | | | Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 45 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 45 | These are not C- clips or E - clips. The are round like a donut, with a sliight bend in them and go over the pin, and then you take the bend out to lock them in. I think that they are a GM part. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 1,867 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 1,867 | If these are the types used on huck brake pivots, you can replace them with C or E clips. I replaced mine with the E clip style for ease of use. Seems like the bent type are a 1 time use item and I broke most of mine upon tear down. If you want to use the originals I think Jim Carters has them. The E clips I used were from McMaster Carr. I could probably send some as I seem to recall buying a 25 pack or so.
Jeff | | | | | Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 1 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 1 | I just replaced mine which I purchased from Mutual Wheel in MOLINE IL,ask for Terry.The new style are somewhat of a v insted of the donut they were in a kit with return springs etc.Any problem let me know and I will get pns etc. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 1,186 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 1,186 | These are not C- clips or E - clips. The are round like a donut, with a sliight bend in them and go over the pin, and then you take the bend out to lock them in. I think that they are a GM part. I bought mine at Ace Hardware.
Bruce | | | | | Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 45 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 45 | Thanks, all. I'll dig a little deeper and let you know if I need more.
Jim | | |
| |
| |