The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (FAST55, Phak1, Gib70, DadsFirstPickup, Bill Hanlon), 135 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,231
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 45
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 45
Can anyone suggest where I can find new retainer clips for the pivot pins found on drum brakes on a 6400 2 ton?

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,186
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,186
I would think a good hardware store should have them. Take one as a reference.

Bruce


My Trucks
Stuff I Collect
If it doesn't matter if you win or loose.......why do they keep score?
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 45
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 45
These are not C- clips or E - clips. The are round like a donut, with a sliight bend in them and go over the pin, and then you take the bend out to lock them in. I think that they are a GM part.

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,867
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,867
If these are the types used on huck brake pivots, you can replace them with C or E clips. I replaced mine with the E clip style for ease of use. Seems like the bent type are a 1 time use item and I broke most of mine upon tear down. If you want to use the originals I think Jim Carters has them. The E clips I used were from McMaster Carr. I could probably send some as I seem to recall buying a 25 pack or so.

Jeff


My 1953 Chevrolet
1947.1 Gallery
1972 C-10 1/2 Ton & 1972 C-30 1 Ton
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 1
R
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 1
I just replaced mine which I purchased from Mutual Wheel in MOLINE IL,ask for Terry.The new style are somewhat of a v insted of the donut they were in a kit with return springs etc.Any problem let me know and I will get pns etc.

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,186
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,186
Originally Posted by Jim A
These are not C- clips or E - clips. The are round like a donut, with a sliight bend in them and go over the pin, and then you take the bend out to lock them in. I think that they are a GM part.

I bought mine at Ace Hardware.

Bruce


My Trucks
Stuff I Collect
If it doesn't matter if you win or loose.......why do they keep score?
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 45
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 45
Thanks, all. I'll dig a little deeper and let you know if I need more.

Jim


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0