The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Wayne67vert, Southerntruck, Guitplayer, Napco Man), 106 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,093
Posts1,056,477
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 230
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 230
How do I get the inside door and window handles off ? There is probably a spring clip somewhere, right ? Is there a special tool I need ? Does anyone have a picture of the parts ? Thanks in advance.

Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 321
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 321
In both cases there is a set screw holding the handles on. Look where the main part of the handle comes off the part that mounts to the door. That's where the set screw is. Loosen up the set screw and those handles will pop off. Oh, and the screws are common, slotted, regular..... whatever you like to call them.

Hope I made that clear as mud smile


1963 Chevy C20 Longbed Stepside
1978 Chevy K30 Custom Deluxe
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 230
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 230
Thanks. What you are saying is that the set screw is on the inside back of the handle ?

Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 321
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 321
Yes, that is what I'm saying. I'm glad you were able to follow that, sometimes I'm horrible at explaining stuff...lol


1963 Chevy C20 Longbed Stepside
1978 Chevy K30 Custom Deluxe
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Tim, be mindful there may be TWO screws in the handles. I've ran into this before. I've taken one out and then jerked and jerked on the handle only to find another still up in there!! Seems someone had a door handle coming loose and put another screw in it to help keep the other from backing out. I've seen this two or maybe three times in the past couple years.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0