The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Otto Skorzeny, klhansen, Shaffer's1950, Steelonsteel), 101 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,618
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 13
A
Apprentice
Apprentice
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 13
Hey stovebolters, i am new, just signed up, I am a retired Army Aviator, born in 53, hence my username. I have a 1953 Chevy 3100 that i found in a farm in Oklahoma. You can see some of the pix in the March additions. I had it shipped to Fort Irwin, where i currently reside and work. It needs a little work, and i will try and get it done myself, the big stuff, like the engine re-build will probably get done by a pro. I am looking forward to posting some "Help" subjects and getting my truck into operation, and driving it around the post,
http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt245/1953av8tor/P3060002.jpg

http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt245/1953av8tor/PC270012.jpg
http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt245/1953av8tor/P3060004.jpg
http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt245/1953av8tor/PC270010.jpg
"FLY ARMY"
1953 Chevy 3100

http://s616.photobucket.com/albums/...w&track=share_email_album_view_click

Last edited by J Lucas; 04/16/2009 3:41 AM.

"FLY ARMY"
1953Av8tor
1953 Chevy 3100

"Airspeed, altitude and brains - two are always needed to complete the flight successfully"
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
welcome av8tor. Good luck with your project and don't be shy about asking questions.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
av8tor: Welcome.
Underneath all that old paint looks to be a pretty solid truck. I know you will find many hours of pleasure, along with some disapointments, in building the truck. When you have those moments be sure to share them with us an don't be bashful about asking questions. Everyone here loves to help a fellow bolter.
Nice find!!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Joy Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Welcone to Stovebolt. Be sure to check out all the other forums to get the most out of your questions. Go to the experts. Everyone loves to discuss old trucks.

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 866
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 866
Welcome to the "Bolt" best of luck on your projects!!!

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Hi av8tor,welcome to the 'bolt!

Nice project you've got there, we look forward to seeing your progress in due course!

Jock thumbs_up


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,703
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,703
Hiya av8tor & WELCOME to the Bolt.
Wishin ya the best of luck on your project, looks like ya got a solid base to start on.
Hey if ya run into this Tall kid named Josh Bloom out there in Fort Irwin its my boy...
Tim


1952 Chevy Shortbed

Photos in Photobucket

If It Aint Broke Fix It Till It Is!
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 709
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 709
Welcome Av8tor. I'm originally from Barstow and still know a few of the oldtimers there in case you need any leads. You didn't say how long you've been there so you may have already made a few contacts. Drop me a line if I can help.


Bruce
Old Toy: Ol' Betsy stock 59 Apache SB Stepside (Gone but not Forgotten)
New Toy: 1962 Impala SS Coupe
The Driver: 1990 Toyota truck
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 13
A
Apprentice
Apprentice
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 13
Jock, thanks for the comments, i look forward to working on it, i am in need of a garage!! So i can take it apart. This will also be my first project.


"FLY ARMY"
1953AV8TOR
1953 3100


"FLY ARMY"
1953Av8tor
1953 Chevy 3100

"Airspeed, altitude and brains - two are always needed to complete the flight successfully"
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
Welcome to the 'bolt cool And Thank You for serving cool

You won't find a nicer group of smart people anywhere. Like Joy said, check out all the forums dance You'll get your best responses in the appropriate forums thumbs_up

Your truck looks straight. Does it still have its 235 in it? I'm partial to the in-line 6 ciliders, either kind is fine by me whether they're full pressure or not, they all are work horses.


Sabrina
'54 3100

Now cruising in the Passing Lane

Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 13
A
Apprentice
Apprentice
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 13
Sabrina, you have a real nice truck, and i like the color. I will post some questions on the appropriate forum as i continue to work on my 3100. The truck frame is as straight as an arrow, and i think it is a 235, but it might be the original 216, i think. I guess i will find out as i start digging more into it.


"FLY ARMY"
1953Av8tor
53 3100


"FLY ARMY"
1953Av8tor
1953 Chevy 3100

"Airspeed, altitude and brains - two are always needed to complete the flight successfully"
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 13
A
Apprentice
Apprentice
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 13
Yes, my old 3100 has about three coats of paint, one yellow, one green, and the recent white one, talk about disapointments, i recently discovered the oil filter tank missing, and the oil line holes plugged up. I will find an oil tank and fix it myself, won't be too much of a big deal.

"FLY ARMY"
1953Av8tor
53 3100


"FLY ARMY"
1953Av8tor
1953 Chevy 3100

"Airspeed, altitude and brains - two are always needed to complete the flight successfully"
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 99
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 99
Hi, avi8tor,

On my '56, I was told the the oil filter was an option, and that it was a bypass filter, meaning the lines can be plugged and the oil will still flow where the engine needs it to. That info helped when I blew an oil filter line on the road years ago. I cut the offending line all the way through, stuck a piece of pencil in each side of the cut line, filled it back up, cleaned the oil off the windshield and drove home. Gotta love that old simplicity.
Dave


Well, my time went so quickly,
I went lickety-splitly
Out to my ol' 55.
As I pulled away slowly,
Feelin' so holy,
God knows, I was feelin' alive..... Tom Waits, Ol' 55

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0